project-navigation
Personal tools

Author Topic: bug w/ gas grenades???  (Read 2587 times)

Offline jcjordan

• Squad Leader
    • View Profile
bug w/ gas grenades???
« on: March 04, 2013, 07:25:22 pm »
Not sure if this is how they're supposed to work or if it's a bug (if it is I'll post it) In the use of gas grenades, I've noticed that on my characters that if they're in the area of effect when it goes off then they'll get stun damage but if they aren't & later walk into the gas cloud they get no damage when wearing Nano armor. Is this the way it should be? I know they're not supposed to if wearing Power armor as it offers protection from the gas effects. As far as I can see it does effect the aliens as it should.

Offline DarkRain

• Project Coder
  • Captain
    • View Profile
Re: bug w/ gas grenades???
« Reply #1 on: March 05, 2013, 06:15:16 pm »
Well, looking at the armour definitions, the nano armour offers more protection against stun gas than the power armour, I don't know if this is intended, but that certainly means the armour is working according to its current specs :)
« Last Edit: March 05, 2013, 06:23:56 pm by DarkRain »

Offline jcjordan

• Squad Leader
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 06, 2013, 12:20:42 am »
I thought I had read some time ago that it was supposed to be the other way around that the power armor, being a fully airtight type armor, would offer the protection from the gas grenade types though the weapon is designed to effect alien physiology. I didn't look at the stats but just thought it strange that I get stun damage when in the blast area but none if I walk through the cloud. Not a major breaker one way or the other

Offline H-Hour

• Administrator
  • PHALANX Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 06, 2013, 11:24:46 am »
The actual protection for power armour is very high for stun_gas, but the "rating", the display value that is shown, had not been properly set. So it told you a low protection rating for power armour, even though it does protect you. I've fixed the display value now.

Offline DarkRain

• Project Coder
  • Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 07, 2013, 04:18:03 am »
Duh, I was looking at the rating rather than the protection values, silly me.

As for the blast vs cloud damage, remember that ufoai's armour is subtractive, what is happening is that the blast itself has higher power than the nano armour can reduce and thus some damage is actually dealt, but the cloud has a very low damage potential which even the nano armour can reduce to zero, might need some balancing

Offline jcjordan

• Squad Leader
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 08, 2013, 11:08:08 pm »
ok thanks, I use the gas genades more as a pin the alien down until I shoot it or as a area denial weapon forcing them to go another path so I don't walk though it very often but sometimes I'm forced to to get to an alien.