project-navigation
Personal tools

Author Topic: Minor bug with time buttons in the geoscape - using latest master on Debian  (Read 1536 times)

Offline bertram

• Cannon Fodder
    • View Profile
Hi, :)

As told in the title, sometimes, when I'm in the geoscape, the time stops to warn me about an event (perfectly normal), I mentally acknowledge and then press the play (>) or the fast forward (>>) button, and the time don't start for say up to five seconds before starting again.

Once you know it, you don't pay attention anymore, yet I got myself annoyed at the beginning, when the event in question was that the UFO was chasing my intercepter. You click on the (>) play button as you don't want it to happen to quickly since you're attempting to make the ufo fly over your sam site while pursuing the stilletto aircraft.

And it doesn't answer, you click on (>>) and dang, your stiletto is dead. No big deal, you can reload, ect, but I wanted to point it out.

Best regards,

Offline SoftwareSimian

• Rookie
    • View Profile
I have also noticed this (Win32, 2013mar01 build).  I can't say that it's always after an auto-pause, but several times I've resumed time after pausing (to give orders, etc) and time doesn't start for a while (5-10 seconds real time). The game isn't frozen at this point (mouse moves, can zoom in/out on the geoscape), and time always starts running again eventually, but as noticed in the original post, you might miss a crucial event.