project-navigation
Personal tools

Author Topic: Bug with new TUs  (Read 1828 times)

Offline Anarch Cassius

• Squad Leader
    • View Profile
Bug with new TUs
« on: December 21, 2012, 08:26:29 am »
So I've been feeling that with the way the penalty for being loaded is applied to the old Speed TU boost we aren't getting much value from Speed now.

I drew up a chart to compare this and show an alternative pair of values for MIN and Boost TU but then I realized that I couldn't get my chart to match my game.

The math would indicate that a character with 27 speed should have 31 TUs when loaded... unless weight penalty is round up before being applied in which case it's 30. Which is what I'm seeing and means humans typically have either 29 or 30 TU when loaded which has a lot less variance.

Then I tested on Sheevar and found a Sheever who was technically barely loaded counted as light for TUs. When I dropped a clip he counted a light in the GUI but he TU stayed the same, which figures as he was already light for TU purposes.

Still rounding errors aside I'd like to have the old variance from Speed back to some degree.

20 was the old Speed max boost and it's now effectively reduce by 30% most of the time. 26 would be about 30% more and if the MIN TU is cut back from 39 to 38 you get a ratio that looks like the best of both worlds to me by staying close to the original important of Speed without getting too far from the new TU values.

Here's the chart, assuming better rounding. Note that the change in TUs gained from Speed with a normal load between 15-35 is 3 under the old rules, 2.1 under current and would be 2.73 under my proposal. The bigger that amount the more the player will notice change in Speed stat which right now are very subtle.
« Last Edit: December 21, 2012, 08:30:02 am by Anarch Cassius »

Offline Anarch Cassius

• Squad Leader
    • View Profile
Re: Bug with new TUs
« Reply #1 on: December 24, 2012, 10:31:25 am »
Last formula tweak looks good. I'm seeing speeds of 31-32 and 33 looks achievable. Much better .