project-navigation
Personal tools

Author Topic: several sound & gfx issues in linux mint maya xfce with desura build  (Read 2240 times)

Offline strict

• Cannon Fodder
    • View Profile
Hi altogether...

after experiencing some crashes with the windows version i finally got the linux version to run.

first try was with ubuntu 12.04 where it was horribly slow (perhaps due to false graphics drivers), on mint 13 (based on ubuntu 12.04) it performs well playable

but...

1) the sounds seem very different from the windows version. i only hear the shooting-sound, but neither the impact (or explosions), nor aliens screaming...

2) in windows the floor textures are highly resoluted, in linux they always have poor resolution, no matter which settings i try...

3) on multi monitor configurations the maximum resolution is the one of the lowest monitor and the game displays on every monitor... in windows, it uses only the main display, so on the other ones the desktop and programs placed there are still visible...

now my question: are those issues also present in the 2.5 linux versions?

unfortunately in windows the 2.5 is very unstable for me. i got perhaps 12-15 crashes in 2.4 in 2 months (realtime) gameplay and 3 crashes in less than 3 hours in 2.5, so i decided to stick with 2.4

but when these issues might be solved in 2.5 i'll give it a try with linux

unfortunately i'm not that into coding, that i might solve them for my own, but perhaps after improving some minor code segments (will try adding configurable keyboard shortcuts) i could help further, but this time i'm just about to start...

so i highly appreciate any help or idea, no matter if suggestions or recommendations!

thanks in advance!