project-navigation
Personal tools

Author Topic: Compiler of choice  (Read 8714 times)

kain

Compiler of choice
« on: November 14, 2006, 07:59:42 pm »
What compiler does the official release candidate get compiled with? I have not had any success with visual studio 2005, and I can't compile SVN with dev-cpp (only the RC5 compiles with devcpp... good sign). I am trying code::blocks now, but I am curious to know what the official windows binaries are compiled with.

Great game so far! Thanks!

Edit: I just tried codeblocks, and it doesn't work either... not sure where to go from here. :( I would love to contribute to this project, but I can't seem to get it compiled.

kain

Re: Compiler of choice
« Reply #1 on: November 14, 2006, 08:09:11 pm »
What libraries do I need to install for codeblocks to work? I like the looks of this IDE a lot, but the wiki doesn't say which libraries to install. I'm going to try to go off of the dev-cpp list.

Offline Mattn

• Administrator
  • PHALANX Commander
  • https://github.com/mgerhardy/vengi
    • View Profile
    • Vengi Voxel Tools
Compiler of choice
« Reply #2 on: November 14, 2006, 08:11:29 pm »
i use dev-cpp to compile it - but we recently introduced openal-support - and the windows support is not completed atm. just remove the snd_openal.c, qal.c snd qal_win.c from dev-cpp project files to bulid without openal - "should" work

kain

Compiler of choice
« Reply #3 on: November 14, 2006, 08:13:34 pm »
Quote from: "Mattn"
i use dev-cpp to compile it - but we recently introduced openal-support - and the windows support is not completed atm. just remove the snd_openal.c, qal.c snd qal_win.c from dev-cpp project files to bulid without openal - "should" work

ok so I should be able to update svn and it will compile with the dev-cpp projects now?

Edit: I just reread what you said. I thought you said that you just removed the files, but I have to remove them. Gotcha. Thanks!

kain

Compiler of choice
« Reply #4 on: November 14, 2006, 08:17:41 pm »
I did notice that qal files were the ones I was having problems with... I hope it works. Currently waiting for the SVN to download again since I wiped it before.

kain

Compiler of choice
« Reply #5 on: November 14, 2006, 08:36:14 pm »
Quote from: "Mattn"

What do you know... it worked :)

Thanks!

kain

Problem linking ref_gl
« Reply #6 on: November 14, 2006, 08:52:47 pm »
Everything is good except linking the ref_gl package:

Code: [Select]
../../src/ref_gl/gl_image.o(.text+0xa60):gl_image.c: undefined reference to `png_get_io_ptr'
../../src/ref_gl/gl_image.o(.text+0xaf1):gl_image.c: undefined reference to `png_check_sig'
../../src/ref_gl/gl_image.o(.text+0xb4c):gl_image.c: undefined reference to `png_create_read_struct'
../../src/ref_gl/gl_image.o(.text+0xb8c):gl_image.c: undefined reference to `png_create_info_struct'
../../src/ref_gl/gl_image.o(.text+0xbb0):gl_image.c: undefined reference to `png_destroy_read_struct'
../../src/ref_gl/gl_image.o(.text+0xbe7):gl_image.c: undefined reference to `png_create_info_struct'
../../src/ref_gl/gl_image.o(.text+0xc0a):gl_image.c: undefined reference to `png_destroy_read_struct'
../../src/ref_gl/gl_image.o(.text+0xc50):gl_image.c: undefined reference to `png_set_read_fn'
../../src/ref_gl/gl_image.o(.text+0xc72):gl_image.c: undefined reference to `png_read_png'
../../src/ref_gl/gl_image.o(.text+0xc84):gl_image.c: undefined reference to `png_get_rows'

../../src/ref_gl/gl_image.o(.text+0xdf3):gl_image.c: undefined reference to `png_destroy_read_struct'
../../src/ref_gl/gl_image.o(.text+0xe36):gl_image.c: undefined reference to `png_create_write_struct'
../../src/ref_gl/gl_image.o(.text+0xe5b):gl_image.c: undefined reference to `png_create_info_struct'
../../src/ref_gl/gl_image.o(.text+0xe77):gl_image.c: undefined reference to `png_destroy_write_struct'
../../src/ref_gl/gl_image.o(.text+0xe9a):gl_image.c: undefined reference to `png_init_io'
../../src/ref_gl/gl_image.o(.text+0xee2):gl_image.c: undefined reference to `png_set_IHDR'
../../src/ref_gl/gl_image.o(.text+0xef5):gl_image.c: undefined reference to `png_set_compression_level'
../../src/ref_gl/gl_image.o(.text+0xf08):gl_image.c: undefined reference to `png_set_compression_mem_level'
../../src/ref_gl/gl_image.o(.text+0xf1a):gl_image.c: undefined reference to `png_write_info'
../../src/ref_gl/gl_image.o(.text+0xf7d):gl_image.c: undefined reference to `png_write_image'
../../src/ref_gl/gl_image.o(.text+0xf8f):gl_image.c: undefined reference to `png_write_end'
../../src/ref_gl/gl_image.o(.text+0xfa1):gl_image.c: undefined reference to `png_destroy_write_struct'
collect2: ld returned 1 exit status

C:\Dev-Cpp\Bin\dllwrap.exe: c++ exited with status 1

make.exe: *** [../../ref_gl.dll] Error 1

Execution terminated

Offline Moe

• Rookie
    • View Profile
Compiler of choice
« Reply #7 on: November 14, 2006, 10:11:17 pm »
well ref_gl.dev, ufo.dev, campaigneditor.dev and snd_dx.dev have some issues under devcc.maybe they get fixed.
other problem is as i know that one packes for the devcc is outdated so there happen some problems.

Offline Mattn

• Administrator
  • PHALANX Commander
    • View Profile
    • Vengi Voxel Tools
Compiler of choice
« Reply #8 on: November 14, 2006, 10:24:22 pm »
install libpng (see wiki) and add -lpng to project linker flags

kain

Compiler of choice
« Reply #9 on: November 15, 2006, 12:25:02 am »
yea... I instaled libpng already but never thought to change the linker flags... duh!

kain

Compiler of choice
« Reply #10 on: November 15, 2006, 12:37:53 am »
Now to find where to change the linker parameters... any hints? I've never used devcpp before, sorry.

kain

Compiler of choice
« Reply #11 on: November 15, 2006, 02:40:37 am »
Nevermind... I had to right click on the project and go to project options... all compiled. Now I'm going to try to run it :)

kain

Compiler of choice
« Reply #12 on: November 15, 2006, 02:47:41 am »
AWESOME!!!! It runs!!

I had to copy the new library dll files to the game dir, but it runs great! Now I can keep up with the development, and maybe even offer some help when needed :) I'm good with c/c++, so I'm going to try.

kain

Compiler of choice
« Reply #13 on: November 15, 2006, 03:21:31 am »
Hrm... everything compiles fine now, but when I run the game there are some quirky things going on. I setup my first base, and no buildings show up to place. I also don't see anything in the buy/sell list, and I can't go to the options menu at all. I'm sorry if this is all known stuff... just let me know :)

Thanks!

Offline Mattn

• Administrator
  • PHALANX Commander
    • View Profile
    • Vengi Voxel Tools
Compiler of choice
« Reply #14 on: November 15, 2006, 08:19:31 am »
no, this is not known. at least not by me. let's discuss in irc about your problem