project-navigation
Personal tools

Author Topic: Highly unstable mission  (Read 2649 times)

Offline Anarch Cassius

• Squad Leader
    • View Profile
Highly unstable mission
« on: November 11, 2012, 09:38:10 am »
I've been trying to play through this mission for over a day now and every time I try it crashes at some point. I'm used to crashes but this is ridiculous. The map is "oriental" and the enemy has needlers. I'm not sure if it's the weapons, the map, both, or just coincidence.

It's hung between rounds at least twice. The last thing in console is my bleed damage. The turn just never advances.

The next log (3rd one) is from a crash during enemy needler fire.

And finally the save in case this varies by system.

Windows 7. Last version before weight was added. I'm about to go to a version from a bit more recently to see if that helps. Also I can't DL the Win binaries or latest Radiant right now, I consistently get small corrupt files.
« Last Edit: November 11, 2012, 09:39:52 am by Anarch Cassius »

Offline Delvonshi

• Rookie
    • View Profile
Re: Highly unstable mission
« Reply #1 on: November 12, 2012, 07:40:27 am »
First mission I had needlers appear it crashed non-stop. I've stopped playing until a stable 2.5 version is coming out. I could play 2.4 but the differences between them seem pretty large. Might give it a go anyway. So I'm guessing its either the alien that uses needlers, bleed damage, or the needlers themselves. Mine also introduced hoverbots in the same mission.

Offline Anarch Cassius

• Squad Leader
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 12, 2012, 10:12:22 pm »
I went over the bug reports more and apparently this is almost all related to a threading bug.

Set sv_threads to 0 in your config file and it should solve this. The only crash I have now is the occasional quit to geoscape bug.

Offline Delvonshi

• Rookie
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 13, 2012, 10:36:47 am »
I'll give that a try and see what happens. If it works it would probably be a good idea to circulate that workaround as it seems to be a VERY common problem.

Offline Delvonshi

• Rookie
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 13, 2012, 11:53:12 am »
I'd like to report this singular bit of information has stopped all known crashes for me. Anyone else with similar problems I highly recommend it. Still getting lag if I choose to view my soldiers stats too often. But 0 needler, hoverbot, bleed, infinite enemy turn, or crash to geoscapes in the last 3 battles!

Happy hunting!