project-navigation
Personal tools

Author Topic: My Let's Play XCOM with a shoutout to UFO: AI  (Read 3931 times)

Ildamos

My Let's Play XCOM with a shoutout to UFO: AI
« on: October 08, 2012, 03:37:54 pm »

Hello, Ildamos here. I've recently launched a "Let's Play XCOM HD" series on YouTube. You guys might want to check it out.

I gave a massive shoutout to UFO: AI and my UFO: AI review. Also, I supplied links to that review (which contains a link to his game's homepage) on the description box.

The vid: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wJMuU1gosX0

Please Like and subscribe if you like the vid! Thanks!

I will add more once the game launches.

Postscript:

I would like to do a limited, "How to Play UFO: AI" series on YouTube. Is 2.5 stable enough? Or should I showcase 2.4? I'd like to play the former since I'd like to show my subscriber base the new shiny and awesome character models.

Offline homunculus

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
Re: My Let's Play XCOM with a shoutout to UFO: AI
« Reply #1 on: October 08, 2012, 04:27:55 pm »
is it polite to do such thing?

or are there ufo:ai videos providing links to xcom in the comment, saying that soon you will no longer need to suffer the missing features and glitches of ufo:ai and can play xcom?

Ildamos

« Reply #2 on: October 08, 2012, 05:14:17 pm »
That's a pretty paranoid way of viewing the whole thing.

IMHO, I will still continue to play UFO: AI; I'm NOT a huge fan of XCOM's new "double move/move-fire" feature. It takes too much away from the player. If you want true X-COM (1994) gameplay, play UFO: AI. And I'm not being sarcastic. Seriously.

Missing the action points system ----> I've clearly stated this in my commentary.

Offline H-Hour

• Administrator
  • PHALANX Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 08, 2012, 05:50:48 pm »
Ildamos, 2.5 is pretty "stable", but its currently undergoing a lot of balance changes, so you might find it in an odd state if you used it right at the moment. We hope to be done with that in the next month or two.

Ildamos

« Reply #4 on: October 08, 2012, 06:01:17 pm »
Hmm I want to make a "How to" this month in time for XCOM's launch. What to do, what to do...

Maybe I'll just make a "How to" with 2.4 and then make several gameplay vids with 2.5 soon as it launches.

XCOM is awesome guys but I feel the two games are different. I'm very thankful this game (UFO: AI) is available. Keep up the awesome job!

Offline H-Hour

• Administrator
  • PHALANX Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 08, 2012, 06:11:47 pm »
It's nice that the XCOM tutorial-mission teaches you incredibly reckless tactics. :) Classic modern game stupidty: "Player, walk into that obvious ambush. Oh no, it's an ambush, we're under fire!"
« Last Edit: October 08, 2012, 06:13:50 pm by H-Hour »

Ildamos

« Reply #6 on: October 08, 2012, 10:55:11 pm »
Did you notice my complaint? I was complaining even before they entered the building.

Ildamos

« Reply #7 on: October 24, 2012, 04:03:44 pm »
but its currently undergoing a lot of balance changes, so you might find it in an odd state if you used it right at the moment. We hope to be done with that in the next month or two.

So I've been reading around and found out that version 2.5 is too good to pass up. I'm quite excited about it. When is the projected time for completion of this version? Or is it too early to tell at the moment?

Offline ShipIt

• Project Artist
  • Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 24, 2012, 04:13:15 pm »
Rule #7: Never ever give an ETA in an OSS project ;)

never give an eta in any software product ;)

never give an eta on anything ;)

;)

Offline Triaxx2

• Squad Leader
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 24, 2012, 10:58:10 pm »
In other words, they don't know. ;)