project-navigation
Personal tools

Author Topic: Saracen + Large Hanger not working?  (Read 2162 times)

Offline SnakeTheFox

• Cannon Fodder
    • View Profile
Saracen + Large Hanger not working?
« on: September 30, 2012, 02:31:28 pm »
I installed the latest nightly build just a couple days ago, and I've been having a fun time but I've ran into a bug, I do believe.

I've built 2 large hangers in an installation, but I can't buy Saracens, despite the flavor text mentioning large hangers as being required quite explicitly. The popup states "Notice: You cannot buy this aircraft. Not enough space in hangers".

Very distraught as the two hangers were a considerable investment in size and especially credits.

I can include some system information but I doubt that's relevant to this, seems like either an issue in programming or just obsolete flavor text.

Thanks in advance for any help rendered. I'd like to get my air superiority fleet up and running ASAP.

Offline H-Hour

• Administrator
  • PHALANX Commander
    • View Profile
Re: Saracen + Large Hanger not working?
« Reply #1 on: September 30, 2012, 02:37:53 pm »
You missed it by a day! I've changed the balancing around so that all interceptors require a small hangar and all dropships a single hangar. But I only changed the research texts yesterday.

Offline SnakeTheFox

• Cannon Fodder
    • View Profile
Re: Saracen + Large Hanger not working?
« Reply #2 on: September 30, 2012, 03:52:34 pm »
You missed it by a day! I've changed the balancing around so that all interceptors require a small hangar and all dropships a single hangar. But I only changed the research texts yesterday.

Thanked you on IRC, but figure I'll do it here too. Ended up modifying the 0ufos.pk3 to revert that change like you helped me to do, just for the duration of this game (I download new releases only once per game to avoid save compat issues that sometimes occur).

For anyone (could anyone be so unlucky as me to have made this decision in the intervening day between patches?) who wants to know, just open 0ufos.pk3 in install directory/base with WinRAR/WinZIP, open ufos, then aircraftmanagment, crtl-f "saracen" then find "size" and change from 1 to 2, save that file, then add "ufos" to a new rar file but name it "0ufos.pk3" and it should work. Thanks again for the help on IRC.