project-navigation
Personal tools

Author Topic: Bleeding aliens  (Read 3961 times)

Offline jerzy_cz

• Rookie
    • View Profile
Bleeding aliens
« on: August 23, 2012, 08:02:22 am »
I’ve noticed curious thing: when bleeding enemy dies during alien turn, on the next human turn is still displayed as standing.

Nokim

Re: Bleeding aliens
« Reply #1 on: August 23, 2012, 09:49:46 am »
I’ve noticed curious thing: when bleeding enemy dies during alien turn, on the next human turn is still displayed as standing.
Already dead? There is relatively rare bug with dead left standing but it usually ends up with game crash.

Offline kurja

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 23, 2012, 04:58:18 pm »
maybe it died when none of your guys had a line of sight on it? there's a known bug where civilians and aliens, when killed in such way, demonstrate their death animations in extreme slow motion, which might look like they're just standing there..?

Offline jerzy_cz

• Rookie
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 23, 2012, 09:04:00 pm »
maybe it died when none of your guys had a line of sight on it? there's a known bug where civilians and aliens, when killed in such way, demonstrate their death animations in extreme slow motion, which might look like they're just standing there..?
For entire turn an alien, which bled to death, was displayed as standing.

Offline DarkRain

• Project Coder
  • Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 26, 2012, 04:51:15 am »
Did those aliens bleed to death out of your line of sight? if so that's a known and old issue, IIRC it happens since 2.3 were civilians that are killed out of your visual range by aliens rarely appeared standing (sometimes decapitated). If they were visible by you when they bled to death and remained standing, can you provide more info so I can try and reproduce it?

Offline jerzy_cz

• Rookie
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 26, 2012, 11:25:43 pm »
Did those aliens bleed to death out of your line of sight? if so that's a known and old issue, IIRC it happens since 2.3 were civilians that are killed out of your visual range by aliens rarely appeared standing (sometimes decapitated). If they were visible by you when they bled to death and remained standing, can you provide more info so I can try and reproduce it?
They were out of my line of sight.

Offline DarkRain

• Project Coder
  • Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 27, 2012, 07:46:59 pm »
So it seems to be that issue with out of LoS deaths. But I just thought of something, since this was rather rare before and seems to be more common now with aliens bleeding to death out of sight, I'm hazarding a guess that maybe this only happens with actors that were visible at some point, wandered out of LoS and then died. If so maybe I can find a way to reproduce this.

Offline jerzy_cz

• Rookie
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 27, 2012, 09:57:30 pm »
So it seems to be that issue with out of LoS deaths. But I just thought of something, since this was rather rare before and seems to be more common now with aliens bleeding to death out of sight, I'm hazarding a guess that maybe this only happens with actors that were visible at some point, wandered out of LoS and then died. If so maybe I can find a way to reproduce this.
It happened, when soldier shot an alien and then took cover, hiding behind door or other obstacle.