project-navigation
Personal tools

Author Topic: Freeze after first victory  (Read 1960 times)

Offline cyrollan

• Cannon Fodder
    • View Profile
Freeze after first victory
« on: August 15, 2012, 02:48:36 am »
Ubuntu 12.04.

Okay, I'm not an unreasonable guy.  I'm new to Linux, but it seems rather straightforward.  I downloaded this game per to multiple peoples' recommendation.  So I downloaded it, played it, and after one hour it crashed.  It crashed upon tagging the last alien lifeform from a downed UFO.

Now here's where I step up to the soapbox:  there's no f**king reason to play any more.  I put an hour into the campaign and it froze when I won my first downed UFO.  There is no motivation whatsoever to lose more time out of my life.  I feel no obligation to help the developers by playing again and losing all of my time.

So all I can provide is the following:  HP DC7700 with ATI Radeon 5450.  Game froze after winning the first downed UFO map (immediately after clipping the final alien).  Music still played, but no response from controls whatsoever.  And one frustrated gamer who will never, EVER launch the game again.

Once again, I'm a reasonable guy.  I understand that this information might not help you debug the game very well, but nonetheless I'm not going to compromise my own free time to help you fix the game.  I appreciate the culture of indie games, and there are others that run flawlessly on my Linux machine.  Not this one.

I anticipate a reasonable amount of flame, and it will not anger me; so do not bother.  I am an admitted IMN and admitedly haven't given enough information about my "rig" and other variables.  The arguments are here, no need to re-state them.
« Last Edit: August 15, 2012, 07:42:18 am by Mattn »