project-navigation
Personal tools

Author Topic: questions about the wiki (translation pages)  (Read 2416 times)

Offline kracken

• Squad Leader
    • View Profile
questions about the wiki (translation pages)
« on: October 26, 2006, 08:55:58 am »
I'm not used to use wiki page, so I'd rather ask questions before doing mistakes...

I just discovered this page :
http://ufo.myexp.de/wiki/index.php/List_of_msgid

And I'd like to update the french translations. But I have a few questions :

1) Can anybody (for example me !) create new pages in the wiki, or do you have to be registered to do so ?

2)  Is there any rule for the name to use for new pages ? (for exemple I'd like to translate the text for assault rifle, I just create a page in Equipement/Arme_Principale/Fusil_d_Assault/ and fill it ? (i.e. I just translate all the name of directory into french and that's all).

3) When there are several sentences (such has with intro_sentences), do I create one page and write all the sentences on it (such as the english version), or do I create a new page for each sentence ?

4) Is there a link between this page and the .po file ? So that we can let in the fr.po file "assault_txt" and we'll have automatically a link to the french translation ? Or do I have to check that every sentences is the same in the wiki and and in the .po file ?

Offline Mattn

• Administrator
  • PHALANX Commander
  • https://github.com/mgerhardy/vengi
    • View Profile
    • Vengi Voxel Tools
Re: questions about the wiki (translation pages)
« Reply #1 on: October 26, 2006, 10:20:44 am »
hi

Quote from: "kracken"
1) Can anybody (for example me !) create new pages in the wiki, or do you have to be registered to do so ?

Everybody can create new pages - if they are ready and noone else should be allowed to change them, drop us a line and we will close the finished page for editing.

2)  Is there any rule for the name to use for new pages ? (for exemple I'd like to translate the text for assault rifle, I just create a page in Equipement/Arme_Principale/Fusil_d_Assault/ and fill it ? (i.e. I just translate all the name of directory into french and that's all).

generally that's all - yes

3) When there are several sentences (such has with intro_sentences), do I create one page and write all the sentences on it (such as the english version), or do I create a new page for each sentence ?

Please use one page (like in the english version) for all intro_sentences and prolog_sentences

4) Is there a link between this page and the .po file ? So that we can let in the fr.po file "assault_txt" and we'll have automatically a link to the french translation ? Or do I have to check that every sentences is the same in the wiki and and in the .po file ?

yes, if you translated an article you have to copy&paste it over to the po file - there is no automatic linking.

best regards
martin