project-navigation
Personal tools

Author Topic: ctd errors as well as crash to geoscapes  (Read 2169 times)

Offline jcjordan

• Squad Leader
    • View Profile
ctd errors as well as crash to geoscapes
« on: August 03, 2012, 08:32:10 am »
I just downloaded the 7/25 build of 2.5 dev running it on Vista & I'm having a few ctd desktop problems but can't fully replicate but error is along the lines of the attached from the last time I was able to catch something in the console.log

Also having crash to geoscapes on the +frozen mission in Russia shown on my save game attached at some point during one of the first couple of turns normally during the aliens part. I've tried playing this mission several times but haven't been able to get through it due to the crashes.

Also on the new wound system I've noticed that for some reason soldiers seem to get wounded for no reason during a mission ie after landing back at base they're in the hospital w/ very minor damage. I haven't got that one figured out yet as far as repeatability or causes.

Overall I like this version more than 2.4 as it seems like the Aliens are more of a challenge plus some of the other weapon changes.

Offline DarkRain

• Project Coder
  • Captain
    • View Profile
Re: ctd errors as well as crash to geoscapes
« Reply #1 on: August 03, 2012, 10:25:33 pm »
Also on the new wound system I've noticed that for some reason soldiers seem to get wounded for no reason during a mission ie after landing back at base they're in the hospital w/ very minor damage. I haven't got that one figured out yet as far as repeatability or causes.
This has nothing to do with the wounds system, its because recently a patch was applied that lets the soldiers' max HP increase as other stats do, so when a soldier's max HP increases after a mission they end in the hospital because their current HP is lower than the new max HP - usually 1 or 2 points.
The original bug report and patch are here.

Offline jcjordan

• Squad Leader
    • View Profile
Re: ctd errors as well as crash to geoscapes
« Reply #2 on: August 04, 2012, 12:37:32 am »
Thanks for the answer to the "wounding" as I don't think I would've figured that out as at first I was thinking it might've been some kind of collateral damage when someone nearby got hit. Good to know that now