project-navigation
Personal tools

Author Topic: Battlescape issues in Terror mission  (Read 3006 times)

Offline ManicMiner

• Squad Leader
    • View Profile
Battlescape issues in Terror mission
« on: July 08, 2012, 01:04:33 pm »
    Hi,

Sorry for the vagueness of this, but with the attached savegame I get a range of different issues every time I play the terror mission in the Italy map - for instance

• If an unseen alien panics their round never ends and the mission has to be aborted
    • Certain weapon uses during alien round seem to cause a crash-out to the desktop
    • The "empty hand" issue

Even with the game fully recompiled from source on 8th July 2012 these issues can be reproduced simply by aborting and reloading the saved game, but the bugs can vary depending on which aliens with which weapons are spawned in the mission. When I play any of the other missions I don't have any problems - it's just with the terror mission. I could've uploaded the logs but I thought it might be more useful for anyone troubleshooting those problems to just test the saved game repeatedly and reproduce the bugs themselves.

Offline ManicMiner

• Squad Leader
    • View Profile
Re: Battlescape issues in Terror mission
« Reply #1 on: July 16, 2012, 12:46:58 am »
Guys - just to append to this, there's an issue raised in the 2.4 bug thread which may be related to reaction fire and alien panic but until I can reproduce it I can't send the logs over.

This is probably a dumb question, but while it benefits the project to send over the tracelogs, screenshots and saved games, it's not much fun having to restart a mission 5 or 6 times before I play it without seeing alien reaction fire (especially with needler) or alien panic forcing me to restart it - and I don't think the traces I'm seeing are as informative as they ought to be to help someone figure out what's locking it up.

Are there any commands that can be typed into the trace window to enable more watchers? Or failing that how easy would it be to put in a 10 minute timeout on an alien round after which point it logs "round never ended" and dumps all pertinent data into the trace before doing a cleanup and ending the round?

Nokim

« Reply #2 on: July 16, 2012, 09:43:16 am »
Starting game with command (from game dir)
Code: [Select]
ufo +set developer 1gives you much more detailed log, but in case of some bugs it can be more then 200 MB! 7z can nicely compress it but anyway...

You didn't say anything about your OS and hardware.

Try to set graphics to minimum (just to check).

Some info on bugs reporting.

Offline ManicMiner

• Squad Leader
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 16, 2012, 04:00:32 pm »
Thanks.

I'm playing from regular recompiles (maps and all) with most graphics options turned down or off during gameplay although that doesn't make much difference - I get the same issues whether I've got everything maxed out or not.

Platform and maps are compiling on my laptop, Core2, GCC optimize 1, sse4.1. I also have a triple-core AMD system with 8GB RAM which has been optimized for that CPU but I'm away from home right now so can't confirm the settings.

Both are using ufoai_win32 configure 1.1.2 build tool, and both are running Windows 7 x64 edition.