project-navigation
Personal tools

Author Topic: Credit above 10m in 2.4  (Read 4448 times)

Offline bit5nip3r

• Rookie
    • View Profile
Credit above 10m in 2.4
« on: July 04, 2012, 05:04:19 pm »
Hi,

It seems that 10m in credits is the highest number of credits shown.  I currently have 10 million in credits, and when I sell additional stuff, my inventory goes down, but my credits won't go up.  They constantly remain at 10 million credits.

Regards

Offline geever

• Project Coder
  • PHALANX Commander
    • View Profile
Re: Credit above 10m in 2.4
« Reply #1 on: July 05, 2012, 12:59:34 am »
It seems that 10m in credits is the highest number of credits shown.  I currently have 10 million in credits, and when I sell additional stuff, my inventory goes down, but my credits won't go up.  They constantly remain at 10 million credits.

Hi,

No bug here, credits are maximalized at 10m.

-geever

Offline bit5nip3r

• Rookie
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 05, 2012, 05:42:57 pm »
Would it be worth increasing this then?  Does seem strange that you can't have more than 10m in credits.

Offline geever

• Project Coder
  • PHALANX Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 05, 2012, 06:19:27 pm »
Would it be worth increasing this then?  Does seem strange that you can't have more than 10m in credits.

I don't think it's needed. The aim of the game is not accumulating money.

-geever

Offline bit5nip3r

• Rookie
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 06, 2012, 07:27:41 pm »
No its not the goal of the game, but accumulating money does help pay for your operation in defending against the aliens, as well as various equipment, production costs etc.

Offline headdie

• Squad Leader
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 06, 2012, 08:01:51 pm »
so why aren't you spending it?

Nokim

« Reply #6 on: July 06, 2012, 08:29:13 pm »
so why aren't you spending it?
There is nothing worth to pay additional money from some moment, normally when it's time to attack alien base but may be earlier. That's in my case on normal difficulty. I can't build more SAM sites (and now i think they are not needed if not useless) or radar towers because of limit, i don't need more workers (they mostly disassemble UFOs and six workshops enough), soldiers (actually i can fire half - near game end they more rarely badly wounded) or scientists (nothing to research and it's not critical).

And of course i can't forget that 80% of weapons and ammunition is brought by aliens for free. 15% bought on market for laughable prices because they are equal to production cost but without alien materials and work hours. And only 5% is produced in workshops: PB grenades, Stingrays and gas grenades (only once to get alive aliens).

Offline geever

• Project Coder
  • PHALANX Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 07, 2012, 08:10:56 am »
There is nothing worth to pay additional money from some moment, normally when it's time to attack alien base but may be earlier. That's in my case on normal difficulty. I can't build more SAM sites (and now i think they are not needed if not useless) or radar towers because of limit, i don't need more workers (they mostly disassemble UFOs and six workshops enough), soldiers (actually i can fire half - near game end they more rarely badly wounded) or scientists (nothing to research and it's not critical).

And of course i can't forget that 80% of weapons and ammunition is brought by aliens for free. 15% bought on market for laughable prices because they are equal to production cost but without alien materials and work hours. And only 5% is produced in workshops: PB grenades, Stingrays and gas grenades (only once to get alive aliens).

So you don't even need more money...

-geever

Nokim

« Reply #8 on: July 07, 2012, 09:16:32 am »
So you don't even need more money...
Well, i can agree. :) But i would prefer when it's always something to spend money on to make progress easier or quicker. I.e. build so many ground installation as you can afford to maintain, get more info on alien bases after paying additional sums to certain organisations, build some super-heavy spaceship or satellite grid to fight aliens on orbit and so on. It's bad when you don't have enough money, but it's wrong when you have nothing to spend them on.