project-navigation
Personal tools

Author Topic: Stuck after winning battle  (Read 1996 times)

Offline domanz

• Rookie
    • View Profile
Stuck after winning battle
« on: June 01, 2012, 05:20:02 am »
Hi,

I very much enjoy your game and want to report a bug I encountered: I shot down a small alien craft (don't know name yet, am a very new gamer, it is one of the slowest ones with 3 aliens onboard) and sent my troops there for a ground mission. I killed the 3 aliens and when the battle should have ended, nothing happened and my soldiers couldn't do any actions, I could tell them where to shot and in which mode, but they never shot and never went where I told them. I restarted the game, re-did the battle (different map) and that time, it worked. 3 aliens.

Some notes: I had the feeling the music was off. There was not the typical battle music, but something that appeared like background music, originating from somewhere on the map. Also, it was a settlement in russia, at night. Please tell me if it is important which map it was, I'll try to remember and describe, but right now I really need to go to bed, you stole my sleep very successfully :D

EDIT: I didn't want to open an extra thread to keep the area clean, but could somebody tell me if the nightly 2.5 build is save and bug-free (or at least as bug-free as 2.4)? I don't want to risk anything, but the screens look juicy :)
« Last Edit: June 01, 2012, 12:17:14 pm by domanz »

Offline ShipIt

• Project Artist
  • Captain
    • View Profile
Re: Stuck after winning battle
« Reply #1 on: June 02, 2012, 09:00:48 am »
The more information, the better. The ufoconsole.log is a good thing to attach when reporting a bug.

The 2.5-dev is using the new soldier models, the map selection was fixed and usually its pretty stable. There are some known bugs, but imo you should have no problems with playing it. Also, you can have both versions next to another. Even trading campaign-saves is technically possible.

Offline domanz

• Rookie
    • View Profile
Re: Stuck after winning battle
« Reply #2 on: June 02, 2012, 12:52:41 pm »
The more information, the better. The ufoconsole.log is a good thing to attach when reporting a bug.

The 2.5-dev is using the new soldier models, the map selection was fixed and usually its pretty stable. There are some known bugs, but imo you should have no problems with playing it. Also, you can have both versions next to another. Even trading campaign-saves is technically possible.

Cool, thanks for the informnation. I'm going to install 2.5 right away and play it.