project-navigation
Personal tools

Author Topic: libjpeg-8.dll  (Read 3728 times)

Offline xcomfanatic20

• Cannon Fodder
    • View Profile
libjpeg-8.dll
« on: May 13, 2012, 09:41:30 am »
Hello Folks
Tried to download source using Git but for some reason, Git would not download to my Windoze 7 system.
Undaunted, I simply downloaded the source from the Downloads page (source and data versions 2.4).

After a lot of stuffing around, including using the codeblocks installable with MinGW configured (from codeblocks site) instead of the
version for UFO-AI, I was able to build the code. I noticed a couple of things.
- When I select BUILD->RUN from the menu in codeblocks, the program runs no problems.
- When I try to run the executable directly from the UFO-AI directory, I get the error:

"The program can't start because libjpeg-8.dll is missing from your computer...."

- I downloaded the full game installer as well and installed in a separate directory. This one runs fine. When I compared the sizes of the files, the one I built was around 11726k, while the file in from the game installer was 30,713k.

As I said earlier, the program runs fine from the development environment, but not when you run the executable directly. What am I missing here?

Thank you for your help and patience in advance.

Offline Mattn

• Administrator
  • PHALANX Commander
  • https://github.com/mgerhardy/vengi
    • View Profile
    • Vengi Voxel Tools
Re: libjpeg-8.dll
« Reply #1 on: May 13, 2012, 12:50:23 pm »
you are not linking statically - but dynamically. make sure to copy the contrib/dlls files from the git repo [1] to your game root dir:

[1] gitweb/contrib/dlls

Offline xcomfanatic20

• Cannon Fodder
    • View Profile
Re: libjpeg-8.dll
« Reply #2 on: May 13, 2012, 02:27:42 pm »
Thanks. No more error messages. I knew it was something obvious.
Learning the quirks of codeblocks and the code structure as I go along.
Wish me luck. Great open sauce game.