project-navigation
Personal tools

Author Topic: changing craft's homebase - need an extra hangar?  (Read 2628 times)

Offline kurja

• Captain
    • View Profile
changing craft's homebase - need an extra hangar?
« on: May 11, 2012, 09:42:05 pm »
Do I always need to have an unused hangar hangin' round if I want to transfer craft from a base to another? Like, if I have a stiletto in base A and a dragon in base B, can I swap their home bases?

My current game scenario is that I have two dropships, one based in eurasia and another in america, and after mopping up a swarm of downed ufos the ship from eurasia ended up in north america while the one from americas is flying around in europe, so I tried to assign them to the nearest bases but that doesn't seem to be possible - the dialogue just says that there are no empty hangars even if the craft is currently on the other end of the world.

What happens to a craft on a mission if it's base is lost?

Offline geever

• Project Coder
  • PHALANX Commander
    • View Profile
Re: changing craft's homebase - need an extra hangar?
« Reply #1 on: May 12, 2012, 11:56:44 am »
Do I always need to have an unused hangar hangin' round if I want to transfer craft from a base to another? Like, if I have a stiletto in base A and a dragon in base B, can I swap their home bases?

Yes, you need an extra hangar for the swap.

What happens to a craft on a mission if it's base is lost?

I should check the code but I think:
1. the game tries to change its homebase to another if there is a suitable free hanar available
2. crashes otherwise (it can't fly forever) and a rescue mission is spawned (unless it was above water).

-geever

Offline cmmps

• Rookie
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 25, 2012, 08:31:36 pm »
Hi

This is more a suggestion..
Is there any way to make possible to try to recover a lost base?

For instance...
You are returning from a mission and your home base is attacked... you lost the base due to lack of soldiers or because they were too few and they were all killed (of course here you can always push the "retry" button...). So, the base will became under alien controll (you may even add more aliens to defend the conquered base) and you are able to send your "homeless" aircraft to attack the base and try to get it back...

Of course, you shall lost all items stored on that base and even you may have to rebuild some building... ah! Nice one! Radars, defense batteries, alien containners, labs and workshops! All destroyed! :D

Well, I'm writing down some suggestions and I'm willing to start contributing for this wonderful game I discovered about 2 months ago! You got me addict! :D

Cheers!
Carlos

Offline geever

• Project Coder
  • PHALANX Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 25, 2012, 08:42:25 pm »
Is there any way to make possible to try to recover a lost base?

There is a way if someone writes codes it... but not in the official game. Our plans are different.

-geever

Offline Triaxx2

• Squad Leader
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 07, 2012, 06:01:01 pm »
Pity there's no way to get it to just land where it is until it can be recovered. After all, it's a tad silly that it can land anywhere for a mission, but it HAS to crash if it doesn't have fuel.