project-navigation
Personal tools

Author Topic: Few suggestion.  (Read 7568 times)

Offline bazzietuk

• Cannon Fodder
    • View Profile
Re: Few suggestion.
« Reply #15 on: April 29, 2012, 11:43:50 pm »
Had the same problem Trashman, loads of ideas while playing but by the time I come to type them up I've forgotten half of them :) LOL

The items that get rare are the T20 rockets I think they're called.  I'm early in the game and currently have 4 bases going doing research and have only just done some of the laser weapons (craft one and laser rifle).  I know I have the laser rifle cartridge to research which is currently going on and then I'll use it for my troops instead of sonic weapons which are quite hit and miss on the battlefield even when standing right next to an alien.

Thought of another suggestion as well.  I'm not sure if it's the same with all weapons but with the sonic rifle when you choose 3 round burst it fires one shot which splits into 3  in a w formation.  When using this option neither of the shots seems to come anywhere near the enemy.  In the original games 3 round burst fired a single shot 3 times one after another, obviously not all 3 hit their target but it was more effective in the original UFO games than in UFO AI.  So any chance of making the 3 round burst fire 3 bullets one after another instead of 3 at once?

Also I'm not sure if after doing quite a few missions and getting kills with your squad the number of time units doesn't seem to increase that much.  As it stands I have a few squad members that are still alive after about 100 missions and have racked up kills but in the battlefield I don't seem to have many time units for them to do anything, maybe move a bit and fire an aimed shot and have them set up for reaction shots and that's it.  Can take about 30 turns to go from one side of the map to another when stopping to shoot.  Shouldn't their time units increase more the longer they're alive?

Offline TrashMan

• Captain
    • View Profile
Re: Few suggestion.
« Reply #16 on: April 30, 2012, 12:06:41 am »
I guess the soldier progress isn't balanced yet, when the game has no end yet ;)

Which reminds me - any word if aircraft will be add-able again? It just looks like step backward to not be able to add craft anymore.

Also, the base could really use a mid-tile that closes corredors. Will make a mock-up to show what I mean later.