project-navigation
Personal tools

Author Topic: Base attacked without warning  (Read 2181 times)

Offline elbows

• Cannon Fodder
    • View Profile
Base attacked without warning
« on: March 03, 2012, 02:02:16 pm »
I'm new to this game, playing through the normal difficulty campaign with a recent build of 2.4-dev. A couple of times now my base has come under attack without any warning -- no UFOs on my radar or anything. Is this normal?

Is there any way I can detect these attacks and prevent them? The base defense missions are kind of boring. :)

Offline geever

• Project Coder
  • PHALANX Commander
    • View Profile
Re: Base attacked without warning
« Reply #1 on: March 03, 2012, 02:38:20 pm »
I'm new to this game, playing through the normal difficulty campaign with a recent build of 2.4-dev. A couple of times now my base has come under attack without any warning -- no UFOs on my radar or anything. Is this normal?

Is there any way I can detect these attacks and prevent them? The base defense missions are kind of boring. :)

First of all it is possible that your radars missed the UFO, they can't detect UFOs at 100% probability.
Second, yes, aliens can launch attacks without UFOs (more probable when they have bases already on Earth).

-geever

Ildamos

Re: Base attacked without warning
« Reply #2 on: March 09, 2012, 12:28:38 pm »

Also, you must have pushed the max "5-hour" (not sure how much are the mulitples) button. Fast forwarding the game makes it ignore several updates if too many are queued in a short timespan and present you with only the most pertinent update --- in this case, a UFO maybe spawned to close to your base making it ignore the radar warning and ff the game to the point where it landed on your base.

Just my two cents but I've seen it happen in my game.