project-navigation
Personal tools

Author Topic: map subway "bugs" part 2  (Read 4327 times)

Offline ShipIt

• Project Artist
  • Captain
    • View Profile
map subway "bugs" part 2
« on: December 31, 2011, 10:11:30 am »
5. subway 005a/b -There are some levelflags missing for some brushes at level 1. This is also true for some more (not all) of the steel columns in level 1.

6. subway003b - points to 3.

I had to split this because of the limitation to 4 attachments. If there is a better way to report things like this, please let me know.

Also I noticed there is no elevator at all. Just an empty hole (shaft?). And most stairs dont have a handrail. So in rush-hour poeple can take a short way down easy.
« Last Edit: December 31, 2011, 10:19:07 am by ShipIt »

Offline MCR

• PHALANX veteran
    • View Profile
Re: map subway "bugs" part 2
« Reply #1 on: December 31, 2011, 11:49:17 am »

I had to split this because of the limitation to 4 attachments. If there is a better way to report things like this, please let me know.

Maybe you should not start a new thread for 5-6 ;), but reply to the first thread you opened...
If you want to report bugs you can do it here ofc., but we prefer bug reports on our bugtracker, inside the forum they might get lost in time:

http://sourceforge.net/tracker/?group_id=157793&atid=805242

You'll need a sourceforge account anyway if you want to join the team in the near future and have write access to our git repository.
Limitation of the sourceforge attachments is 256kb though, so if you need many screenshots to explain the situation it is better to attach those here & paste a link to the bugtracker item refering to those screenies...

Here you can find important info about bug reporting:

http://ufoai.ninex.info/wiki/index.php/Bugs

Offline MCR

• PHALANX veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 31, 2011, 11:56:16 am »
I forgot one important thing:

Patches are ofc. prefered over bug-reports !!!

:)

Offline ShipIt

• Project Artist
  • Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 31, 2011, 12:46:26 pm »
fix it > reporting it > doing nothing

Right?

Offline ShipIt

• Project Artist
  • Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 31, 2011, 01:02:53 pm »
So the final solution is to open a SF-acc and put each of those in one separate bugreport??

Offline ShipIt

• Project Artist
  • Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 31, 2011, 01:25:06 pm »
Do you want to fix these issues yourself (you could attach the changed map file here) ?

Running radiant on a 15" laptop screen?  :'(

But ofc I could do this. As soon as I can get Mutons build-tool working on my (somewhat outdated) pc. And if you promise me doing this will not annoy the project leader  :-[.

Offline MCR

• PHALANX veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 31, 2011, 01:33:13 pm »
fix it > reporting it > doing nothing

Right?

No, but there are over 180 bug reports on the bug tracker right now. That means it might take a while until a developer finds some time to fix it (especially if the bug is not game breaking).
And considering the time it takes to create a detailed bugreport, it might be even faster to fix it at once instead...

So the final solution is to open a SF-acc and put each of those in one separate bugreport??

No. Again I'm misunderstood ;)

Standard procedure: Report your bug on the sourceforge bug tracker (title, for example:[map] subway: several minor mapping issues)

The sourceforge bug tracker has one problem though: It will only accept attachments <=256kb, so attaching multiple screenshots there is quite a pain - In this case you can also open a thread here, if you like, and link from the bugreport on sourceforge to the screenshots posted here...

You are limited to 4 screenshots and 1024kB here (per post).

Offline MCR

• PHALANX veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 31, 2011, 01:36:07 pm »
But ofc I could do this. As soon as I can get Mutons build-tool working on my (somewhat outdated) pc. And if you promise me doing this will not annoy the project leader  :-[.

I'm sorry as I cannot promise you that  :D, but usually fixing bugs does not annoy him...

Offline H-Hour

• Administrator
  • PHALANX Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 31, 2011, 03:04:23 pm »
Map bugs like this tend to get fixed if you report them on sourceforge. But if you fix them yourself we all love you more.

One bug report for all the problems on the map is best.

Offline ShipIt

• Project Artist
  • Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 01, 2012, 01:18:54 pm »
Well, i think i got it now.

@mcr
just to clearify - ">" i used should stand for "better/higher than"

So it should be like:  "fix it is better than reporting, while even just reporting is still better than doing nothing at all"

Offline MCR

• PHALANX veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 02, 2012, 01:00:03 pm »
@mcr
just to clearify - ">" i used should stand for "better/higher than"

So it should be like:  "fix it is better than reporting, while even just reporting is still better than doing nothing at all"

Yes, you got it exactly right from the beginning.  8) ;D