project-navigation
Personal tools

Author Topic: Another use of the new Stiletto Model  (Read 3878 times)

Offline Crystan

• Project Artist
  • Captain
  • UFO:AI Lead Sound Artist
    • View Profile
    • http://crysea.cr.funpic.de/
Another use of the new Stiletto Model
« on: July 22, 2011, 01:02:01 am »
Okay i think its a bit sad that the awesome new Stiletto model is too soon replaced by the Saracen (i switch to it asap, because the Stiletto becomes useless very soon ingame). We probably should add a something like a "Stiletto MK2" (upgraded with advanced tech) which will become available after some alien research. Maybe we can change the appearence by modify the model or skin (just some small things).
« Last Edit: July 22, 2011, 01:03:32 am by Crystan »

Offline jerm

• Rookie
    • View Profile
Re: Another use of the new Stiletto Model
« Reply #1 on: July 22, 2011, 02:52:33 am »
Replaced by the Dragon, you mean? The Stiletto DOES pack more punch than the Saracen - or the Dragon, for that matter. Although I agree, 3 hardpoints are kinda useless if you can't catch up with the later UFOs.

Offline H-Hour

• Administrator
  • PHALANX Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 22, 2011, 09:37:32 am »
The artwork should match the game design. Not the other way around. We will some day get improved artwork for everything.

Offline ViolentAJ

• Rookie
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 25, 2011, 07:03:50 am »
The Stiletto is actually very useful for point defense. With 3 particle cannon, I was able to use it as a short-range interceptor to slaughter incoming base invaders before they got to my base.

Offline jerikojerk

• Squad Leader
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 15, 2011, 10:07:22 am »
there is an other way. Just i fix the saracem that is ugly and the only interceptor that don't fit in an interceptor hangar.

Offline Nutter

• Squad Leader
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 15, 2011, 06:18:55 pm »
That probably has something to do with it being a long range supersonic interceptor built with human tech rather than a bastard child of a helicopter and a standard plane or an antimatter powered lump of alien materials.
To be honest, I'm still surprised it doesn't need a three kilometre runway to take off.
« Last Edit: August 15, 2011, 06:20:46 pm by Nutter »

Offline jerikojerk

• Squad Leader
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 05, 2011, 01:36:45 am »
you're mistaken by the object viewer. Saracems do vertical take-off like a rocket/shuttle  :P

Offline Nutter

• Squad Leader
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 06, 2011, 03:43:27 pm »
Thanks to the power of its engines and a set of additional manoeuvring thrusters in its belly, it can take off almost vertically
I take that as an implication it is closer to a bastard descendant of a Lockheed A-12 and a Harrier rather than the former and a shuttle.
Not to mention the ammount of headaches I can see resulting from a vertical takeoff out of a standard large hangar.