project-navigation
Personal tools

Author Topic: soldiers too bright, radar distance on causes too much white light  (Read 2351 times)

Offline cyllan

• Rookie
    • View Profile
i downloaded the 2.4 version, it looks a lot better , there are acouple of things, the graphics are really nice, but all the soldiers look shining white /silver, like too much light on them, i tried playing with the graphic options, anything more than shader1.3 gives me a  black planet geoscape... i dont get it i have  the lastest nvidia gtx 570 with win 7 64,  it is weird because all the static graphics are very detailed and nice, also in geoscape if you press the radar button ( to show extended range of radar ) most of the map gets too shiny and white.

i also get red boxes in the ground combat screen.....

Offline paziek

• Cannon Fodder
    • View Profile
Re: soldiers too bright, radar distance on causes too much white light
« Reply #1 on: July 12, 2011, 11:05:24 am »
i downloaded the 2.4 version, it looks a lot better , there are acouple of things, the graphics are really nice, but all the soldiers look shining white /silver, like too much light on them, i tried playing with the graphic options, anything more than shader1.3 gives me a  black planet geoscape...
Yeah, game doesn't support better shaders than that. They are working on a fix, I think latest 2.4 build has that option to change shaders removed.
in geoscape if you press the radar button ( to show extended range of radar ) most of the map gets too shiny and white.
There should be option to make them less shiny in latest 2.4 and by latest 2.4 I mean nightly build.
i also get red boxes in the ground combat screen.....
You might want to report bug using those guidelines: http://ufoai.ninex.info/wiki/index.php/Bugs