project-navigation
Personal tools

Author Topic: Landed UFO mission problem build 13082337  (Read 2285 times)

Offline jcjordan

• Squad Leader
    • View Profile
Landed UFO mission problem build 13082337
« on: June 29, 2011, 06:02:32 am »
Not sure what was going on here or if it is some kind of bug. I had a landed ufo mission to the shelter map. I killed 6 aliens but mission didn't end but I searched the whole map top to bottom & found 1 dead & 1 alive civilian but no other live aliens. I moved everyone to the rescue area & aborted the mission but it said there was 1 live alien left. Did I truly miss one as I find it hard that I did w/ the search I did. I've got savegame from before mission & after aborting mission that I can post if needed & can post log if needed to.

Offline jcjordan

• Squad Leader
    • View Profile
Re: Landed UFO mission problem build 13082337
« Reply #1 on: June 29, 2011, 06:12:16 am »
Strange thing now on the save when I try to load either one, it now shows the mission as something else plus in another area well to the east of the original mission. While the original mission was to the shelter map, under the current it shows as a harvesting mission in a hill area? I normally save just before sending troops out on a mission then save after they get back so the original save should have the shelter mission but it now shows the harvesting mission. I guess I'll try that mission to see how it comes out but would like to know anything on the shelter mission.

Offline gargy2002

• Rookie
    • View Profile
Re: Landed UFO mission problem build 13082337
« Reply #2 on: July 09, 2011, 04:16:20 pm »
Hi, I have played the saved mission. All aliens were in the Harvester and I got there and killed them without a scratch..:)
May I suggest something?? You have got 2 million credits and half built bases. Build more workshops and laboratories (I have research bases or production bases)! You can also build more SAM sites to protect the bases. You may build 3 sites for a base so one or two UFO Yards is enough, one RADAR site somewhere where are no bases and the rest just SAM sites near the base. It helps you to take down fighters or even harvesters. Just intercept a fighter, wait until is flying towards your interceptor and then in a good moment order the interceptor back to base. SAM sites and base rocket launchers take the fighter down without loosing the interceptor in a lost battle...:)