project-navigation
Personal tools

Author Topic: missions not tracking.... where is my radar coverage.  (Read 3445 times)

Anderskorn

missions not tracking.... where is my radar coverage.
« on: September 22, 2006, 09:34:04 pm »
Okie.... sorry if im overlooking something.  

First off im like a month into the game and i get missions to fly to a site and i kill the aliens and win... go look at the mission tracker on the geoscape and all the places on the planet are furious or giveing up on me because i havent done any missions.    what do i do to fix this.  

also i havnt had not one ufo pop up on my radar to shoot down.   after a month im wondering why i dont see any aliens over north america.   what do i do to fix this.    I'm using 4 with no patches.... i tried to get the "unofficial" patches... but IDK... im too computer illiterate to get em to work..  i "saved as" but i cant get em to run... all i can do is open it and then i get a window that has a bunch of computer jibber jabber.  

again sorry if my comments are at all counter productive.   Thanks in advance for any helpful comments you guys have for me.   :wink:

Anderskorn

« Reply #1 on: September 22, 2006, 10:29:44 pm »
O.K.

soooo i finaly got to shoot a UFO down... there was not battle screen my drop ship just flew out and shot it down..  

also no battle with the aliens afterwards?  

Is this the way its supposed to work or will this sequence of events be modified in the final product.  

IMHO there should some kind of air battle.... and it only makes sence if you shoot a UFO down that you would clean up the mess afterward...  

Missions still not tracking  :>/

Anderskorn

« Reply #2 on: September 22, 2006, 11:48:44 pm »
the game wont let me attack a UFO with any ships other than my first ship.  This has to be a bug.  

I have fraps if you want i can record the difficulty im having with trying to shoot down ufos.

Elbenfreund

« Reply #3 on: September 23, 2006, 03:30:19 pm »
heya !

jep, its is a well known and documented ;) (see several forum threads) ug in rc 4. unfortunaly I can't help with your problems using the patches as im using the svn. maybe thats worth a try for you as well ? there is a quite decent step-by-step introduction about what to do on the wiki. well, most likly your savegames will be broken afterwards.
sorry for beeing unable to be more of a help, Eric.