project-navigation
Personal tools

Author Topic: antimatter problem etc...  (Read 2474 times)

Offline killyblame

• Rookie
    • View Profile
antimatter problem etc...
« on: January 22, 2011, 07:43:19 am »
hello guys my ver is 2.3.1 the newest one atm
as its said, i have already built 2 antimatter storages, also i have 2 ufo yards 6/6, and cannot get any fuel out of the ufos, how do u do it? ( i read that i supposed to put it as close as possible, its the case here, the yard is 1mm off my base and the other one 5 mm )
When i click on an ufo yard a window pops up, it says a name of the yard and how many ufos is inside nothing more, also there is a delete button and cancel which is closing the window, also there is no commands inside bases that would make my ppl gather the stuff, so how the hell are u doing it ?
I got to say that i researched everything i could research, except the last one that was possible after catching 10 alive aliens.

btw i got to say that u did a great job i really like the game, i noticed a few bugs:

- +bigcity map - already fixed i downloaded a patch from the forum GJ
- this one is tricky - if u didnt research a plasma blade, and u pick it up and use it on a battlefield it will crush the game
- unarmed aliens follow civils that try to escape, they often end up in corners or buildings, alien doesnt have a gun or blade so is standing there looking at the blocked civil

also u must think again about balance of the guns, i used all of them and ended up with 3 teams -1 america, 2 - europe and asia only with heavy lasers, nothing more ... well to be honest 1 guy have a GL just in case if was needed, i tried MG, RL, Sniper rifles, electomagnetic guns, plasma guns( thats the worst stuff in game how the aliens are gonna win if they use that shit ) FT which is overratted, also forget all assault guns and small pistols  they are waste of space inside ur soldiers inventory, also some of u talk about medics, dont bother just give medkits to every single soldier ,
also i got to say something about defending my bases, its too easy ....
i belive that 2 guys with cheap stuff like MG and FT can always do the job if u know how to build a base and how to use corners

oh and the last bug -- AI
aliens always try to take the quickest path, if someone knows about it he can abuse it to no end ...
u want to clean an enemy harvester full of aliens ? just go with one soldier form a side or front of it, and stay there all aliens from the ship will go and stand on the next side of the wall ( inside the ship ) all u have to do now is go around with all the other guys make a line if front of the exit of the ship and now u move the 1st guy to the back, all the aliens follow him and are being cut into pieces one by one by ur guys that are already waiting in the back, this can be used everytime and anywhere u want

« Last Edit: January 25, 2011, 11:09:09 am by killyblame »

Offline killyblame

• Rookie
    • View Profile
Re: antimatter problem etc...
« Reply #1 on: January 22, 2011, 07:50:15 am »
one more bug i cannot join any multiplayer game, every time i do it, it kicks me back to the main lobby, is it linux-win problem or what ? and im talking about 2.3.1 vs 2.3.1 its not the version problem
- ( RL ) when i press the reload( 3-5 times) button while a rocket is flying the mission ends and im being moved back into the worldmap as if i didnt enter the mission
-(MG) i have never reloaded this gun, every time i try it says not enough action points
-u and aliens can step onto paralyzed aliens, but cannot kill anything behind 'em, its like trying to shoot through a harvester's wall
« Last Edit: January 25, 2011, 11:10:19 am by killyblame »

Offline killyblame

• Rookie
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 24, 2011, 04:56:49 am »
k I solved my problem :
http://ufoai.ninex.info/forum/index.php?topic=5350.0

thx for your help, btw is this game and forum dead?

Offline geever

• Project Coder
  • PHALANX Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 24, 2011, 09:25:04 am »
thx for your help, btw is this game and forum dead?

No, this game is under heavy development and the forum is alive too.

-geever