project-navigation
Personal tools

Author Topic: Deep Space Boarding Actions?  (Read 3505 times)

Offline Quester

• Rookie
    • View Profile
Deep Space Boarding Actions?
« on: January 17, 2011, 07:35:37 am »
Hello, I am new here and, this is my first post.  But, as I have been playing UFO:AI for about 2 months now, I have come up with an intresting idea for a mission.  I do not know if this is in the game already, but, what about a boarding action?  As in, if a large intersteller UFO is located, a team boards it, and, either takes it over, or, sabatoges it.  This can be done a number of ways, destruction of engines, shields, and other mission and travel vital equipment.  With this in mind it could be a way to also intruduce a new type of bug as well.  Something that is scrictly spaceborne and meant to defend these larger mother ships.  Capturing or recovering one of these aliens could be tricky due to thier speciallized environ. 

Offline CheeseshireCat

• Rookie
    • View Profile
Re: Deep Space Boarding Actions?
« Reply #1 on: January 17, 2011, 08:03:49 am »
Wargot mothership? :)

Offline Hertzila

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 17, 2011, 01:43:13 pm »
Not yet in but planned. There are loads of steps before that can be implemented though.

Offline Quester

• Rookie
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 17, 2011, 09:19:11 pm »
Cool, that possiablity opps up a whole slew of ideas, including a Space Hulk like raid.

Offline Nash1992

• Cannon Fodder
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 18, 2011, 05:52:25 am »
Was there ever a UFO:AI map is on a moon or under-water environment? That would be cool too. Or fighting Aliens in the south pole and you have to save the Penguins (wearing santa hats) instead of the humans! You know, add some funny Easter eggs or something in the game! :)

Offline Crystan

• Project Artist
  • Captain
  • UFO:AI Lead Sound Artist
    • View Profile
    • http://crysea.cr.funpic.de/
« Reply #5 on: February 18, 2011, 06:28:00 pm »
Or fighting Aliens in the south pole and you have to save the Penguins (wearing santa hats) instead of the humans!

Seven o'clock. Psychos errrw Aliens seize Santa's Workshop.... Only PHALANX Major Lee can stop them.

Offline Quester

• Rookie
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 04, 2011, 05:25:18 pm »
First, I would like to say something, 1, I am not dead.
                                                 2, I am still hunting bugs and enjoying the game.  Ok, the crack about Santa's workshop being taken, that, was funny.  its nice to know that my ideas, even those that have been turned down, are being treated fairly and with some respect, even alittle bit of illreverence.  It shows me this is a mature place as well as a place where ideas are all looked at for thier merits and not just from where and who came up with the idea. 

Anyway, back to the post, I'm rambling.  The boarding actions, I had the thought of a possiblity of off planet, IE moonbases or even a space station to launch theses kinds of attacks.  A dedicated unit of troops would be located at that base as well as having enviro suits.  Thing is, I am not sure how hard off-planet stuff would be to draw and submit, let alone come up with a map for.  COuld someone send me a reply via my forum drop box detailign how to use the map editor?  I would LOVE to submit even ONE map when I have free time between classes.