project-navigation
Personal tools

Author Topic: Are there any mac OS installers that work for 2.3.x?  (Read 3040 times)

Offline argh2muchsecurity

• Cannon Fodder
    • View Profile
Are there any mac OS installers that work for 2.3.x?
« on: January 07, 2011, 10:08:32 am »
First I tried the regular installer offered on the download page and this produced a lot of SDL related missing library errors. I then tried the dev installers (which seem to be over 6 months old) and now the game will run but I have the same no sound issue that is being reported by a lot of folks. I run 10.5.8.

I dont want to play around or beta test anything at the command line level because I am just not that skilled. Nor am I really interested in becoming that skilled. I just want an installer that works and I dont think that is asking to much.

I hope this doesn't sound offensive. This game worked fine for me at 2.2 and I think honestly it is the best free game ever made. If I wasn't out of work and having financial issues I would donate because this game is easily worth more than several games I have paid full price for.

But with that being side the current installer situation is really unworthy of this fantastic game. I've never had so much trouble installing or running an open source game. I've put several hours into trying to get 2.3 to work and well... this sucks. Do better. Sorry to be harsh but I think it is time for some reality check.

Is it possible that I am just missing the correct download somehow?

p.s. when 2.4 is released is this same kind of problem going to be happening? If so I would suggest that you guys just drop the mac port and focus on linux/pc. I am not being sarcastic here maybe ya'll are just overextended.

I hope this doesn't piss anybody off but I am pretty frustrated. I wasted a lot of time trying to make this game work and it was futile and it seems like several others are still having issues.

Offline bayo

• Professional loser
  • Project Coder
  • Captain
    • View Profile

Offline argh2muchsecurity

• Cannon Fodder
    • View Profile
Re: Are there any mac OS installers that work for 2.3.x?
« Reply #2 on: January 08, 2011, 12:55:57 am »
Nope... quits immediately with this error. Thanks for trying. I think I am gonna give up on this game or go back to 2.2 :(

Dyld Error Message:
  Library not loaded: /opt/local/Library/Frameworks/SDL_image.framework/Versions/A/SDL_image
  Referenced from: /Applications/UFOAI.app/Contents/MacOS/ufo
  Reason: image not found

Offline bayo

• Professional loser
  • Project Coder
  • Captain
    • View Profile

Offline JDutil

• Cannon Fodder
    • View Profile
Re: Are there any mac OS installers that work for 2.3.x?
« Reply #4 on: March 16, 2011, 05:07:51 am »
I also had to install these other 2 libraries, but thanks bayo for pointing me in the right direction.