project-navigation
Personal tools

Author Topic: Bug? Stun rod/double charge takes up twice the TUs  (Read 2968 times)

Offline CheeseshireCat

• Rookie
    • View Profile
Bug? Stun rod/double charge takes up twice the TUs
« on: December 30, 2010, 04:23:28 pm »
... which doesn't exactly make any sense. It isn't like you need to poke someone twice to inflict twice the shock power. Not to mention that the rod has only four charges at all, and isn't rechargeable, so it isn't sensible balance-wise, either. We ain't hand-cranking it after all ;)

Offline JPierre

• Cannon Fodder
    • View Profile
Re: Bug? Stun rod/double charge takes up twice the TUs
« Reply #1 on: January 23, 2011, 11:37:16 am »
Maybe you need to have it pressed/poked more time? Dunno...

Offline killyblame

• Rookie
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 24, 2011, 01:17:23 am »
all stun weapons work like other guns, at first u got to lower health points of the target and then "kill it" stun it with the stun/rod or gun, both of them do very low dmg, thats why u got to use another marine to "soften up" the target, since most of my marines use heavy lazors,i shoot as many times as needed (minus one) and then use the stun gun once, lets say to kill an ortodok u have to hit him 6 times then do it 5 times and use the stun gun. its quite easy if u get used to it, most of the times i end up with 1 alien killed and 7 stuned.

Offline CheeseshireCat

• Rookie
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 24, 2011, 05:00:37 pm »
Hey, I don't mean it being weak, just that releasing a double charge takes twice the TUs :)

Offline killyblame

• Rookie
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 25, 2011, 11:03:33 am »
sorry, my mistake