project-navigation
Personal tools

Author Topic: No rule to make target `base/mapcycle.txt' ???  (Read 3750 times)

Offline warblow

• Cannon Fodder
    • View Profile
No rule to make target `base/mapcycle.txt' ???
« on: September 02, 2010, 07:36:34 pm »
All right. I am new with linux just 1month experience. There have been many problems, so i am not sure what i have been doing from the begining.

First i try to install the game with  ufoai-2.3-linux.run. That didint work at all.

So i downloaded files:
ufoai-2.3-data.tar
ufoai-2.3-source.tar.bz2

I unzip source file first, and extracted data file to folder "data" inside the source folder. Then i started to try install the game, well the problems started right away, with the command "make" there was over 20 lib-dev missing. So first i downloaded them by looking name from google and downloaded/install with terminal. After 20 i noticed there was synaptic package manager (aaaaarrrggh). After that it started to wine about, folders are not in right places or name. so i arranged them correct. (and extracted data files from example  0base.pk3 to base) lol. It did the trick for  while but... 

Now finally i have this message in terminal when using command "make install"

./install-sh -d /usr/local/bin
./install-sh -m 755 ufo.sh /usr/local/bin/ufo
./install-sh -m 755 ufoded.sh /usr/local/bin/ufoded
make -f build/data.mk pk3
make[1]: Entering directory `/home/warblow/pelit/ufo/ufoai-2.3-source'
make[1]: *** No rule to make target `base/mapcycle.txt', needed by `base/0base.pk3'.  Stop.
make[1]: Leaving directory `/home/warblow/pelit/ufo/ufoai-2.3-source'
make: *** [pk3] Error 2

What just happened? should i download some other file to and add it? In base folder there are now extracted folder base, maps, media, pics etc. and sames with 0 in the begining and .pk3 format. Didint delete
 anything yet. This is all i can tell about how i have messed things up xDDD Help is welcome.

with linux its one big thrilling experience just to install the game xD

Offline bolzamo

• Cannon Fodder
    • View Profile
Re: No rule to make target `base/mapcycle.txt' ???
« Reply #1 on: January 12, 2011, 12:21:13 pm »
I has the same problem.
Solution is simple:
touch base/mapcycle.txt
touch irc_motd.txt