project-navigation
Personal tools

Author Topic: end of the game  (Read 10963 times)

Offline tctranslation

• Rookie
    • View Profile
Re: end of the game
« Reply #15 on: December 22, 2010, 02:30:27 am »
- KarlNagel
I think you better to start the game over, since it's abnormal when you see alien-supplies flying around without alien-bases built. I guess it was a sudden shock to your computer by a hidden-alien behind your windows at the moment you were playing the game. :D
And it's not good if you don't defend the earth with efforts because aliens dominate the nations by XVI in that way.

- XCOMTurcocalypse
Needless to say why the globe still remains split off when an open alien attack happened, and Phalanx still needs funding. At least in original X-Com the aliens did it secretly. TFTD is a ph-ishing game IMO.

Offline CletusWilbury

• Cannon Fodder
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: December 30, 2010, 08:19:29 pm »
i give up. i played for a year (in game) without intercepting scouts and supply ships. i did missions only when i was close losing the game. nothing happens, no alien base. and then, really nothing happens. no more ufos are sighted. earth is safe again  ???

thanks for the hints, maybe i play the game in a year or two again and then finish it correctly...

I have the same problem in my game. Probably the dead loop tctranslation described. Shot down too many with SAM sites, I guess.

Offline CletusWilbury

• Cannon Fodder
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: December 30, 2010, 09:31:00 pm »
I let the aliens do their thing for a month, and removed some SAM sites.
Right after I removed a SAM site, Jun 08, 2085,
a new research proposal "The Alien Strategy" popped up.
Hopefully that's where I was stuck.

Offline CletusWilbury

• Cannon Fodder
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: December 31, 2010, 11:30:16 pm »
As my relations with the various factions declined, the tech 'The Enemy on Earth' finally appeared. I completed that tech, and stunned several aliens since then. But the officially reported 'captures' don't add to my total in the 'Containment' screen. The tech tree tool provided indicates a need another autopsy to advance. Perhaps if I keep playing, and let some of the Alliances favor drop further, another race will show up besides the 4 I've seen for another autopsy to be done?

(Database reference: rs_alien_xvi_event)

I guess could figure this out by looking at the code, but hoping for the lazyman approach)
« Last Edit: December 31, 2010, 11:34:03 pm by CletusWilbury »

Offline CletusWilbury

• Cannon Fodder
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: December 31, 2010, 11:34:24 pm »
As my relations with the various factions declined, the tech 'The Enemy on Earth' finally appeared. I completed that tech, and stunned several aliens since then. But the officially reported 'captures' don't add to my total in the 'Containment' screen. The tech tree tool provided indicates a need another autopsy to advance. Perhaps if I keep playing, and let some of the Alliances favor drop further, another race will show up besides the 4 I've seen for another autopsy to be done?

(Database reference: rs_alien_xvi_event)

I guess could figure this out by looking at the code, but hoping for the lazyman approach.

Offline Ain Soph Aur

• Cannon Fodder
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: January 01, 2011, 04:39:29 pm »
Is this some kind of a mindf**k or why are you quoting your self?  ;D

Offline RJJ7

• Cannon Fodder
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: January 02, 2011, 12:16:04 am »
I think he's trying to bump the thread till someone answers his question. I would, but unfortunately don't have the necessary knowledge.

Offline Hertzila

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: January 02, 2011, 08:57:48 am »
OffT: Or he made a mistake as it looks like he wanted to fix the ")" mark in the end of "but hoping for the lazyman approach)" with a normal "." but pressed the wrong button.

Offline tctranslation

• Rookie
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: January 02, 2011, 11:40:18 am »
I rejoice that I've never made this while I were a cannon fodder. However, it's not unusual IMO.