project-navigation
Personal tools

Author Topic: rc4 failure of ground assault phase to start correctly  (Read 1745 times)

jkling17

rc4 failure of ground assault phase to start correctly
« on: September 19, 2006, 09:26:57 pm »
Again - great work you guys!  I'm really liking ufo:ai.  An issue that I have with some regularity is that I'll send my transport ship w/ my 8 soldiers to a terror site.  When I land it initiaties all that scripting stuff, and then the screen will just be completely blank and sit there.  Even if I wait nothing happens (though I can hear the game music).  If I click around, there's no reaction.  

The only way I can get out of this that I can find is to hit ESC.  Then I get a simple screen with a few large "target recticle" graphics.  There are no areas to click on - no nav menu.  Even if I try to click around, there is no reaction.

If I hit ESC again, the game then brings me back to the global view and there's a message chastizing me for abandoning the mission.  I can try and do the ground assault again, but with the same results.  

So, I keep a sufficient number of saved games around that I can somehow work around this from becoming an obstacle that I can't get around.

If there is some way I can turn on something in the console that would allow me to capture info that would help you folks, pls let me know.

Thanks again so much for bringing the xcom world back to life!!!

ubequitz

rc4 failure of ground assault phase to start correctly
« Reply #1 on: September 24, 2006, 04:46:08 pm »
This issue sounds very similar to http://sourceforge.net/tracker/index.php?func=detail&aid=1549923&group_id=157793&atid=805242 which is now fixed in the SVN version. It may be a little different in that normally you can see the menu options after this happens... however the bug was a nasty one in the sense that it could lead to rather unpredictable (or system-dependent) behavior. Thus I strongly suspect it is the same issue.