project-navigation
Personal tools

Author Topic: UFO pedia  (Read 4546 times)

Offline mor2

• Squad Leader
    • View Profile
UFO pedia
« on: November 03, 2010, 12:54:57 am »
i just looked at the ufoPedia screen and wanted to share a few things i noticed.

1. 2. 3.

1. does it really necessary to write all that stuff? to me it feels like clutter that force me to scroll each time.
2. cant we remove it, so the entry starts like this and add the signed at the end and all the clearance stuff on the main ufo pedia page (3)

4. 5.

4. transparency is nice but sometimes it just get in the way and ruine nice models we have, with noticeable clutter.
maybe we should change the background alpha a little or add some solid panel for the models?
5. why dont we use the full screen, some of our research art (alien base, etc) is so minimized that its barely seen, so we can see a panel that has no use (you cannot click it) and gives no relevant information at all, cant we stretch ufoPeda? so more of the art and text be visible?!

6. i would like to suggest again, that event will be added to the message options, simple text line in a log its not how you suppose to find out that your scientist had made a new breakthrough into the alien psyche, am i right?

Offline Kildor

• Project Artist
  • Captain
  • Project mapper and some other stuff`er
    • View Profile
    • http://ufoai.nx0.ru
Re: UFO pedia
« Reply #1 on: November 03, 2010, 06:33:22 am »
Please, use attaching function of the forum. I don`t wont to dig through pages with images.

Offline Bartleby

• Squad Leader
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 03, 2010, 07:18:30 am »
ure 100% right, mor2.
the ufopedia lost its charm.

i also think there is sometimes a bit too much text and that the pictures could be bigger.

Offline H-Hour

• Administrator
  • PHALANX Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 03, 2010, 07:27:47 am »
Your images are in 1280 width. At 1024 the UFOpaedia is pretty much full screen.

Offline mor2

• Squad Leader
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 03, 2010, 10:00:22 am »
this only explains the the unused space in 5, not solving the problem, for example even if we get rid of all the clutter and annoyances mentioned in 1-4 we still get only 42% of the ufopedia area dedicated to data, here is a suggestion how a simple adjustment can make it better.

also we have a lot of space above the tabs, what about the old next/previous research buttons?

@Kildor, you dont make sense, what is the difference between the pictures attached or this way? attached picture showed in the same manner only in an unorganized mess at the bottom, anyway i made just links for you.

Offline UFOhunter

• Rookie
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 03, 2010, 11:49:55 am »
Agree mostly - the story-like text is generally a nice idea to create more atmosphere, but if it's too much people will just ignore it.

I also thought the UFOpaedia could be structured better, so that the big scroll list on the left gets broken down into some more logical groups that can be opened/closed with the (+) drop down menu. For example Phalanx aircraft and UFOs and craft items are currently all together, which is not ideal IMO. Same for equipment and other things.

Offline Kildor

• Project Artist
  • Captain
  • Project mapper and some other stuff`er
    • View Profile
    • http://ufoai.nx0.ru
« Reply #6 on: November 03, 2010, 01:06:33 pm »
> you dont make sense, what is the difference between the pictures attached or this way? attached picture showed in the same manner only in an unorganized mess at the bottom, anyway i made just links for you.
It is possible to show all attached images in normal resolution on one page, without using CtrlTab to see references in text and images itself. Just to better understanding your text.