project-navigation
Personal tools

Author Topic: Off-base Installations ?  (Read 2571 times)

Offline mor2

• Squad Leader
    • View Profile
Off-base Installations ?
« on: October 13, 2010, 08:23:05 pm »
i played few UFO games but i never seen the Off-base Installations yet, the problem is that not ufoOpedia nor right clicking gives an explanation about what they are.

so i googled it found this: http://ufoai.ninex.info/wiki/index.php/Proposals/Off-base_Installations

do they have an upkeep cost or should i spam them as much as i can to provide better support for my other forces
i seen they can be bombed, so i shouldnt deploy them to far away from base and what is the rule of the thumb when defending is 2 SAM Site enough to defend a UFO Yard?

and what does this means "All operations on ufo's will be modified by the distance of the base to the yard."  ?

thank, sorry for the noob questions.

Offline Sarin

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
Re: Off-base Installations ?
« Reply #1 on: October 14, 2010, 12:16:32 am »
and what does this means "All operations on ufo's will be modified by the distance of the base to the yard."  ?

I'm not sure if this currently works, but it means this: to disassemble UFO, you need a base with workshop(s) and workers. The time needed to disassembly UFO is modified by distance between that base and yard.

Offline geever

• Project Coder
  • PHALANX Commander
    • View Profile
Re: Off-base Installations ?
« Reply #2 on: October 14, 2010, 09:47:03 am »
I'm not sure if this currently works, but it means this: to disassemble UFO, you need a base with workshop(s) and workers. The time needed to disassembly UFO is modified by distance between that base and yard.

In 2.3 this feature was disabled because you cannot yet transfer UFOs between UFO Yards yet and It would have been unfair.

-geever