project-navigation
Personal tools

Author Topic: bugs found while "testing" the game aka "playing"  (Read 2840 times)

Offline Mesmerizer

• Cannon Fodder
    • View Profile
bugs found while "testing" the game aka "playing"
« on: October 06, 2010, 01:46:56 am »
RF seems good in last Destructavator Beta 2.4 posted build in win32 development binary (not having a revision number)... but there is a WEIRD bug in the geoscape... whenever an UFO turn to attack your ship (like Fighter UFOs) it hangs on the "collision" between objects (ship+ufo) while in battle... the geoscape freezes.. but still can press ESC button and load / save / exit the game...

Another issue -> TOOOOOO MANY Ufos in the 1st part of the game... not a single day of peace! ;D let em grow while time passes... not all at once! ;)

Appreciated the "new" skill point assignment on soldier... finally Aiming CAPABLE soldiers and nice sounds for weapons also! :o (heard only sniper/assault 'cause of the hanging problem, preventing me to go further in the game)

And another little problem... if i shoot aimed with a sniper rifle and have 99% to hit... i cannot miss 2 shoots in a row! That's not good ::) something is wrong... maybe % is wrong, or stated % dont represent the true aiming, or the % is not applyed at the shoot moment...

Anyway GREAT game... keep it growing... waitin for a new binary to test  :D

edit: i remembered another issue, saw an alien trow a granade near a wall... the granade bounced on the floor... and gone trough the wall!!  :o I suppose it must bounce on the wall also  ;D
« Last Edit: October 06, 2010, 01:50:20 am by Mesmerizer »

Offline Crystan

• Project Artist
  • Captain
  • UFO:AI Lead Sound Artist
    • View Profile
    • http://crysea.cr.funpic.de/
Re: bugs found while "testing" the game aka "playing"
« Reply #1 on: October 06, 2010, 02:36:41 am »
nice sounds for weapons also! :o

Thanks. :)

Offline Mesmerizer

• Cannon Fodder
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 06, 2010, 11:30:01 am »
I hope my report will be useful to you  :D

Offline geever

• Project Coder
  • PHALANX Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 06, 2010, 11:28:18 pm »
... but there is a WEIRD bug in the geoscape... whenever an UFO turn to attack your ship (like Fighter UFOs) it hangs on the "collision" between objects (ship+ufo) while in battle... the geoscape freezes.. but still can press ESC button and load / save / exit the game...

Please attach your ufoconsole.log and savegame for this issue.

-geever

Offline Mesmerizer

• Cannon Fodder
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 07, 2010, 12:42:11 pm »
here is the save + log in one zip archive... and have to add another issue... if one of owned ship get heavy damage... it teleport to a random location!! but still engage the Ufo... just try some combats...