project-navigation
Personal tools

Author Topic: Coop-StoryMode and few more ideas  (Read 2020 times)

za0

Coop-StoryMode and few more ideas
« on: September 16, 2006, 02:13:25 pm »
Hi,

I know, maybe that feature already exists. My Problem is, I cannot play that game at this moment, because of my VGA. Anyway, I'd like to know, whether the game contains some sort of Coop-Story-Mode. That means you start a Multiplayergame with 2..x ( 8 ) Players against the computer. Everybody commands a independent section of the agency (base, dehicles, people; science is global, so when player 1 and player 2 focus on ONE artefact, it becomes analized faster and everyplayer can access information about it), but everybody fight against one enemy. In fact, to keep fantastic realizm ;-), FRIENDLY FIRE is ON & CANNOT be turned off. So in tactical games there might happen a lot ;-) . And when one UFO crashes and Player 1 joins the crash site and starts killing aliens (or get almost killed) Player 2 and Player 3 can send reinforcements and start playing at crash site of the Ufo. Also people can join into running game (a must for 24/7 mode). But to make sure, everyone gets command over his own agency, the server sends sort of key identification file to the client. The client stores it and when you join server, you will automatically start playing your squad/agency. Maybe there could also be sort of 24/7 game mode. Time runs like in real time. Player are organizing themself to take care about invasion. Maybe there could be also an external alarm system, when for example an ufo is on radar, the server sends an message to icq #11111 (player1)  (when noone is on server), so player1 will join server and take care of it ;-) . There could be also sort of transfer system, that allows players in coop-mode to share items, like vehicle, money ... What about?
Regards,
za0