project-navigation
Personal tools

Author Topic: Problem w/ mission not ending  (Read 4088 times)

Offline jcjordan

• Squad Leader
    • View Profile
Problem w/ mission not ending
« on: September 10, 2010, 12:25:21 am »
Not sure if I missed something or not on this mission but I was on a mission to some luxury mansion of a rich person that popped up as a terror mission. I killed/stunned all aliens (7) I came across but mission didn't end but there was one room I couldn't go into due to doors not being opened. I went around the map several times inside & out along w/ all floors but it still never ended. I don't have save but all I did was exit then reload save & automissioned it & won it w/ 7 aliens dead? It's a small map scenario w/ a garage along w/ the mansion 4 stories IIRC. Have any others had this problem on this scenario or did I miss something?

Offline geever

• Project Coder
  • PHALANX Commander
    • View Profile
Re: Problem w/ mission not ending
« Reply #1 on: September 10, 2010, 12:37:04 am »
I think it is fueldump: http://ufoai.ninex.info/forum/index.php?topic=4966.0

first two posts are relevant

-geever

Offline jcjordan

• Squad Leader
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 11, 2010, 12:04:42 am »
This wasn't the fuel dump mission, it was to some influential person mansion but from your link are you talking about using the backspace key to open door (found through searching for the fuel depot mission topic) or that I'd have to stand somewhere for a certain length of time for it to end? From seeing the diff between when I played the mission but exited it & auto mission, I did kill all the aliens. Just curious so I'll know if this mission comes up again.

Offline Duke

• Administrator
  • PHALANX veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 13, 2010, 10:58:05 pm »
Sounds to me me like estate.map.

Did you ever open a door on any other map ?

Offline jcjordan

• Squad Leader
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 14, 2010, 02:05:46 am »
I think it is the estate map & I've tried the backspace key in other missions but never have been able to open what I thought would be a door.

Offline Duke

• Administrator
  • PHALANX veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 14, 2010, 09:12:05 pm »
We don't have many maps that actually have doors.
Try +mart. That one definitely has doors.

Offline jcjordan

• Squad Leader
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 15, 2010, 12:01:55 am »
I'll load up a quickie using the +mart one. I did have a base under attack mission where I thought I was at a door to go outside that needed to be opened & it didn't work. It was in the area, maybe the workshop or landing pad, that looked like there was a door that could be opened to go outside to come at the aliens from another direction instead of the entrance. The backspace key didn't work at what I thought was a door to outside but I'll give the +mart mission a try to see.

Offline Duke

• Administrator
  • PHALANX veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 15, 2010, 12:49:22 am »
IIRC I've also seen things that really looked like a door, but weren't implemented as func_door.

So once you've proven you can open the doors in +mart, plz report every 'fake door' you encounter (mapname + screenshot).

Offline jcjordan

• Squad Leader
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 15, 2010, 03:11:53 am »
Ok I loaded up the +mart & estate maps into a skirmish & opening doors did work in them. I don't know about the base maps as they did look like doors so I assumed they'd open but maybe not. There's not a base map as my choices to load so I can't do a test on it but IIRC the workshop or landing pad has what looks to be some kind of door/exit on the surface level so if anyone can get a snap of it to check as I don't have a base defence mission available at the moment to do it.