project-navigation
Personal tools

Author Topic: Base under Red Alert - bug??  (Read 4315 times)

Offline Mezetix

• Cannon Fodder
    • View Profile
Base under Red Alert - bug??
« on: August 04, 2010, 03:28:15 pm »
My second base was under attack and i think i clicked auto-fight. Now my base is red in the world view. I can't do anything in the base. If i try to demolish a building i get a window, Can't demolish, base under attack. I can normaly transfer ppl and stuff from an to base, but production is greyed out. I can't find a way to get my base back into normal order. Tryed to send in more troops... Nothing works.

So is this a bug or am i missing something?

Offline geever

• Project Coder
  • PHALANX Commander
    • View Profile
Re: Base under Red Alert - bug??
« Reply #1 on: August 04, 2010, 04:11:15 pm »
My second base was under attack and i think i clicked auto-fight. Now my base is red in the world view. I can't do anything in the base. If i try to demolish a building i get a window, Can't demolish, base under attack. I can normaly transfer ppl and stuff from an to base, but production is greyed out. I can't find a way to get my base back into normal order. Tryed to send in more troops... Nothing works.

So is this a bug or am i missing something?

It is a known and already fixed bug. You can find details here.

ps. Please use forum search function next time. this is about the sixth thread about the same issue...

-geever

Offline ManicMiner

• Squad Leader
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 06, 2010, 01:11:49 pm »
Actually, while it is fixed, there is still the issue of how to unlock a base which has already been affected.

Sorry, but I'm buggered if I'm going to start playing the game right from the beginning when I have a kick-ass setup with 5 very well developed bases, and my "red alerted" base was only half-built when it got attacked. I'd like to bring it back into operation but right now it serves its purpose just as well as if it were a radar station!

Offline geever

• Project Coder
  • PHALANX Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 06, 2010, 02:17:07 pm »
Actually, while it is fixed, there is still the issue of how to unlock a base which has already been affected.

Sorry, but I'm buggered if I'm going to start playing the game right from the beginning when I have a kick-ass setup with 5 very well developed bases, and my "red alerted" base was only half-built when it got attacked. I'd like to bring it back into operation but right now it serves its purpose just as well as if it were a radar station!

I'm developing a service to patch saves that are incompatible or corrupted. But it's not yet ready.

-geever

Offline Gren

• Squad Leader
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 06, 2010, 10:22:34 pm »

You could always load from a previous save, until geever completes his service patch... you don't lose a lot. (depending on how often you save of course)

Offline ManicMiner

• Squad Leader
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 07, 2010, 09:43:21 am »
Not a bad idea, except I didn't notice for ages that the base was on red alert. I can't even remember there being a mission indicating the base was under attack. So there are no saves to revert back to.

At the time the base was in the process of being built, it had some grunts, storage, power, weapons stash, radar and laser turrets, but not much else so was ignoring it until I got the popup saying the labs / workshops had been built.

I usually save every other day into different slots, so by the time I spotted it I'd overwritten every save from before the red alert.

Offline Thrashard96

• Squad Leader
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 07, 2010, 12:08:39 pm »
For me - if my base gets attacked (any of my 15 bases in modded recompiled game, while others can have max of 8 bases per game) there is no bug at all.