project-navigation
Personal tools

Author Topic: Everything is connected about aliens  (Read 16795 times)

Offline Thrashard96

• Squad Leader
    • View Profile
Re: Everything is connected about aliens
« Reply #30 on: November 22, 2010, 09:19:32 pm »
anyways, i've heard that one alien became a valued person of USA and gave his DNA to scientists upon death...

Did i use the upon word correctly? I think i put it wrong.

Offline Sarin

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: November 22, 2010, 11:14:57 pm »
Aliens living among us unseen, that's total bullsh*t. If the aliens are so similar to us that they have DNA like humans, can eat same or similar food as us, then...well. Every human, in fact every multicellular organism is home to large amount of microorganisms. Some are harmful, some are harmless, some even essential, like E. Coli. Speaking about that one, it pretty much makes my point. What happens when E. Coli gets from your intestines to other organs? Yea, it is nasty. Very nasty. Now, imagine what would happen if alien microorganism gets released on Earth. No living creature on Earth would have antibodies against that...effect would be worse than in 15-18th century when explorers carried common european diseases to america and pacific islands...common, harmless diseases like flu depopulated entire islands there. If an alien disease would be released upon earth, it could cause massive ecological damage....

And since some of those buggers are symbiotic and essential, don't even start on stuff like "they have no diseases" etc...some things you just can't get rid of.

Offline DarkRain

• Project Coder
  • Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: November 23, 2010, 01:55:56 am »
And [...] those buggers are symbiotic and essential
Yeah, like XVI ;D

Offline Thrashard96

• Squad Leader
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: November 29, 2010, 11:54:33 am »
you mean mutagen and radiation? these things ARE dangerous just like the games area 51 and blacksite: area 51 aka area 52. everyone will be doomed... unless we will send the infected to oblivion.

Offline Hertzila

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: November 29, 2010, 01:02:38 pm »
you mean mutagen and radiation? these things ARE dangerous just like the games area 51 and blacksite: area 51 aka area 52. everyone will be doomed... unless we will send the infected to oblivion.

You do know that even now you're getting radiated from all kinds of sources, from the background radiation of the universe to radon. Human body can take radiation and still live, we have internal systems that are designed to kill mutated-enough cells and, most of the time, those mutations aren't harmful (of course, sometimes they are and the systems might fail...). Still, a risk is a risk and it's usually better to reduce the risks to minimum, hence why you're usually warned when there is extra radiation somewhere and why walking around in Chernobyl is a bad idea.

Also, what mutagen are you talking about? Radiation? Something else?

Offline Sarin

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: November 29, 2010, 01:11:55 pm »
I'm not talking about mutagens and radioactivity. I'm talking about nasty bioactivity. Seriously, alien symbiotic microorganism can be for us more harmful than black plague or smallpox, because nothing on earth will have antibodies against it. There are prerequisites to it, but if aliens can live among us unseen, I'd bet that those prerequisites are met.

And vice versa, human walking among aliens could be a living biological bomb for them.

Offline Thrashard96

• Squad Leader
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: November 29, 2010, 06:43:46 pm »
mutagen is alien's virus, which mutates humans and they infect others by biting (played a51 a lot)

Offline Hertzila

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: November 29, 2010, 08:07:45 pm »
mutagen is alien's virus, which mutates humans and they infect others by biting (played a51 a lot)

Mutagen is actually a term meaning any of the things that can cause mutations, radiation being one of them.

Offline Sarin

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: November 30, 2010, 07:21:11 am »
Sigh...this thread shown effects of bad "sci-fi" on general population in fullest.

Offline Sarin

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: December 02, 2010, 06:48:44 pm »
Doublepost, but damn, this is interesting.

http://gizmodo.com/5704158/nasa-finds-new-life

In a short. Later today, NASA is gonna hold a press conference. Only few things leaked about the topic, but it appears that in Lake Mono, California, a new kind of bacteria has been discovered. It is very different from "ordinary" life, as it uses arsenic in quantity in its cells, like any other life on Earth uses phosphorous.

The conference will be held at 2.PM EST, and will be live streamed at NASA webpage. Here's link on the announcement http://www.nasa.gov/home/hqnews/2010/nov/HQ_M10-167_Astrobiology.html.

Offline Flying Steel

• Rookie
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: December 08, 2010, 07:55:01 pm »
Sigh...this thread shown effects of bad "sci-fi" on general population in fullest.

It's the sad truth.

Offline Thrashard96

• Squad Leader
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: December 18, 2010, 03:58:15 pm »
It's the sad truth.

yeah, well, i was talking about multiple games/reality relation