project-navigation
Personal tools

Author Topic: GEEX Show 2010  (Read 2120 times)

Offline vedrit

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
GEEX Show 2010
« on: July 18, 2010, 07:11:37 am »
GEEX Show 2010 just finished up, and it was a blast. I had entered into the Game in a Day competition, and out of the 10 or so groups involved, mine took 3rd place
Its worth braging about because of all the issues we ran into.
First, numerous power-outages due to city power grid being unable to handle the sheer amount of power the hundreds of computers, TVs, etc were drawing.
Second, model import issues. No matter what converter I used, my models would not go into Torque right.
Third, camera. When we did get something into Torque for the character, the camera was at the characters feet.
Fourth, AI, or lack thereof. Despite the programmer in the group being the one to suggest Torque, he just could not get AI's to follow paths

But hey, I dont look a horse in the mouth, as the saying goes.

Offline Destructavator

• Combination Multiple Specialty Developer
  • Administrator
  • PHALANX Commander
  • Creater of Scorchcrafter, knows the zarakites...
    • View Profile
Re: GEEX Show 2010
« Reply #1 on: July 22, 2010, 06:53:04 am »
Congrats - 3rd place isn't too bad if there's 10 or so competing in something.

It's too bad I haven't seen anything like this around where I live - I happen to be in a part of the United States that is very technology poor, I.T. is really dead here.  Half the adult population here do not own computers, and many barely know how to even turn them on.  Even the kids don't have too many tech toys like in other parts of the nation, except for yuppies, and I haven't seen any conventions or places to go involving computers and technology 'round here in a *long* time.  The few people I know who are into computers and tech typically go out-of-state to go to such things.  Heck, if I wanted to find anything close to a "LAN party" or anything comparable on any given night, I might as well forget it, such things just aren't around in this area very much.

Offline vedrit

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
Re: GEEX Show 2010
« Reply #2 on: July 23, 2010, 12:06:57 am »
That sucks. If I were well-to-do, I'd get you, and probably anyone else from UFO AI plane tickets to come to GEEX
Course, if I were that well-to-do, I'd pay my way into E3