project-navigation
Personal tools

Author Topic: How many missed mission before total failure??  (Read 1939 times)

Offline Rich.h

• Cannon Fodder
    • View Profile
How many missed mission before total failure??
« on: July 04, 2010, 10:18:34 am »
Ok i'm using v2.3 and in july now on standard difficulty. My bank balance is healthy I have no debts etc, one main base, one ufo yard and 4 sam sits. Up until june I hit and won every single mission I came across. Come june the green tough guys started to appear and I was just a little way off completed plasma rifle research, so I let maybe 5 or 6 missions slide and ignored them. The result of this is russia is upset/mad with me and the rest of the world content.

Now the problem is I finish my research and then set forth on a terror mission yet before I even arrive I get a end of game "you failed" screen?? This seems abit harsh as I still have funding from the whole world so I don't get why they suddenly fold one by one at all.

So is there a hardcoded limit on how many missions etc you have to do or such and if so how can I find out? I love the rest of the game but this one issue of "you have to try every mission around" is something of a pain when you can endup with 10 or more in a month it can get very monotonous.

Offline Sarin

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
Re: How many missed mission before total failure??
« Reply #1 on: July 04, 2010, 02:39:50 pm »
If you are bored by missions, you can autoresolve them....90% of time it is failure, so saveload till you get it right. You lost because Russia got too mad at you, one nation too angry is enough.

As for Ortnoks (green aliens). Lasers and machineguns are enough to bring them down, don't let any mission slide.