project-navigation
Personal tools

Author Topic: Quicksave in tactical missions  (Read 3212 times)

Offline Singularity

• Cannon Fodder
    • View Profile
Quicksave in tactical missions
« on: June 29, 2010, 03:38:09 pm »
Hi everyone.

I have problem with quicksaving in tactical mode (singleplayer campaign). Pressing F1 doesn't do anything, hence pressing F2 and clicking "Load" does nothing too. I think problem is assignment shortcut to F1 key. I noticed this problem with other games too (often games won't even let you assign anything to F1). So is there any config file where I can change shortcuts to for example F5 and F8 (standard quicksave/quickload shortcuts nowdays) ? I tried to find it on my own but there are so many files and I don't have a lot of time for that.

Also I noticed there is 50% chance that game will freeze at tactical load screen. Tried it on both windowed and fullscreen mode.

One more thing. Where in the hell are stored savegames ? I searched everywhere (my documents, documents and settings, installation folder).

I would appreciate quick answer. That quickload/quicksave feature was a life saver in the UFO games. Better than even the most powerful armor  ;D

Edit: PS. I'm playing version 2.3 from June 16 2010 on Windows XP Pro with SP3.
« Last Edit: June 29, 2010, 03:49:36 pm by Singularity »

Offline geever

• Project Coder
  • PHALANX Commander
    • View Profile
Re: Quicksave in tactical missions
« Reply #1 on: June 29, 2010, 04:23:57 pm »
One more thing. Where in the hell are stored savegames ? I searched everywhere (my documents, documents and settings, installation folder).

FAQ

keys.cfg is also there

-geever

Offline Singularity

• Cannon Fodder
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 29, 2010, 05:09:23 pm »
I had to change viewing options to see those folders.

But anyway changing to different keys didn't fix anything. Quicksave in tactical mission still doesn't work.

Offline Kobold

• Rookie
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 29, 2010, 06:28:21 pm »
I had to change viewing options to see those folders.

But anyway changing to different keys didn't fix anything. Quicksave in tactical mission still doesn't work.
that isnt a bug... you cant save in battle.