project-navigation
Personal tools

Author Topic: 2.3 - progress of making game finishable  (Read 12371 times)

Offline Majki-Fajki

• Rookie
    • View Profile
2.3 - progress of making game finishable
« on: June 28, 2010, 06:54:21 pm »
Hello everybody

I have a question about finishing a game. I understand that game is still under development. Currently I reached a momen, when I have Universal Serum, both Taman and Ontrok researched. Game seems to has stopeed. One by one random missions with Tamans and Ontroks only, no Seevar alien. Is this a current border in development or I miss something?

Offline geever

• Project Coder
  • PHALANX Commander
    • View Profile
Re: 2.3 - progress of making game finishable
« Reply #1 on: June 28, 2010, 07:00:58 pm »
I have a question about finishing a game. I understand that game is still under development. Currently I reached a momen, when I have Universal Serum, both Taman and Ontrok researched. Game seems to has stopeed. One by one random missions with Tamans and Ontroks only, no Seevar alien. Is this a current border in development or I miss something?

Hello,
The 2.3 campaign a bit slower. You'll meet Sheevars and Bloodspiders too.

ps. To win the game you'll have to attack their base.

-geever

Offline Majki-Fajki

• Rookie
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 28, 2010, 07:13:32 pm »
@geever

So I have to make some more ordinary missions and the correct scripts will launch?

Offline Majki-Fajki

• Rookie
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 28, 2010, 09:31:08 pm »
Sorry - I don't want to bitch too hard, but what triggers another part of the game? It's really boring doing the same missions again, with no new techs.

Offline geever

• Project Coder
  • PHALANX Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 28, 2010, 09:33:43 pm »
Sorry - I don't want to bitch too hard, but what triggers another part of the game? It's really boring doing the same missions again, with no new techs.

I don't know where exactly you are. But in general alien interests grow over time and some events are triggered by that. The easier level you play, the slower the alien interest grow..

-geever

Offline Majki-Fajki

• Rookie
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 28, 2010, 09:36:16 pm »
geever

Has triggering of scenario has something to do with dismantling UFO?

Offline geever

• Project Coder
  • PHALANX Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 28, 2010, 10:07:43 pm »
geever

Has triggering of scenario has something to do with dismantling UFO?

You should disassemble UFOs. Parts of it opens further researches.

-geever

Offline Majki-Fajki

• Rookie
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 28, 2010, 10:11:27 pm »
Darn

It takes a lot of time...

Offline Ufanatic

• Rookie
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 29, 2010, 09:11:34 am »

Ah ok: The 2.3 campaign is slower now!

I was already wondering whether I would have to research the Taman first before the game would set me up with Ortnoks etc. ... all of a sudden, a Taman wore a body-armor and a phase-grenade so I knew it was still kind of progressing by itself.

In that case I am REALLY happy that it has gotten slower:
Playing on standard-difficulty has me waiting for research for ages! I am two months down the road now and still only researched Laser-tech and ufo-theory. Another month and I will have researched nano-armor which is an absolute prioriry now ... Considering Laser-tech and ufo-theory doesn't even enable me to actually build or disassemble anything yet I would run into severe financial and tactical problems if the aliens all of a sudden threw out armies of bloodspiders. ;-)

Offline Majki-Fajki

• Rookie
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 06, 2010, 07:22:56 pm »
Ok. When new enemies (Shvars, Blood Spiders) appear? What technlogy/event will trigger it? I have dismantled all three UFOs, currently I'm developing new human-ships.

Offline Sarin

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 06, 2010, 08:02:26 pm »
The 2.3 campaign seems too slow for me. I'm at january 2085-about 10 months of game time, playing on standard-and...I do about 20 missions per month, my soldiers level like crazy, I make tons of cash by selling alien artifacts, especially plasma blades, since every aliens seem to carry at least pair of those. And...nothing new. Aliens got plasmas, a few needlers and particle pistols, still the same old maps, same aliens, same UFOs. I don't even have anything to research, just waiting for Shevaars, XVI or particle guns.

A bit less missions would probably help, at this rate it just gets annoying.

Offline MCR

• PHALANX veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 06, 2010, 08:24:17 pm »
The 2.3 campaign seems too slow for me. I'm at january 2085-about 10 months of game time, playing on standard-and...I do about 20 missions per month, my soldiers level like crazy, I make tons of cash by selling alien artifacts, especially plasma blades, since every aliens seem to carry at least pair of those. And...nothing new. Aliens got plasmas, a few needlers and particle pistols, still the same old maps, same aliens, same UFOs. I don't even have anything to research, just waiting for Shevaars, XVI or particle guns.

A bit less missions would probably help, at this rate it just gets annoying.

I agree with you, I made exactly the same observations. It gets boring when there is too much repetition & not enough progress happening, the gameplay is not really balanced well enough...
But this will be changed soon for sure, as currently there is lot of work being done to enhance immersion & upgrade the experience for the player in lots of different ways...

Btw., contributions are always welcome, even more than just ideas  ;)

Offline Majki-Fajki

• Rookie
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 06, 2010, 08:25:18 pm »
So - Is there any point playing further?

Offline MCR

• PHALANX veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: July 06, 2010, 08:32:16 pm »
That is something you will have to decide for yourself :D

But I would say that you have seen NOTHING yet ;)

& 2.3.1 with lots of bugfixes & improvements will be out some day soon for sure & then you will be happy to already have a savegame with advanced progress & some cool soldiers ;)

Offline Majki-Fajki

• Rookie
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: July 06, 2010, 08:51:55 pm »
@MCR
Temptation... Mayby I play some more:)