project-navigation
Personal tools

Author Topic: Problem starting/opening game  (Read 3950 times)

Offline Scott F

• Cannon Fodder
    • View Profile
Problem starting/opening game
« on: June 22, 2010, 05:06:43 pm »
Hi folks,

I don't know if it is a fault with me, my machine or what. I have just finished downloading the version 'ufoai-macosx-i386.dmg' and all seemed to be fine, meaning the green box/icon with UFO written on it was there. When I double click it to open though,nothing happens. It moves, like it would if it were going to open, but no game starts.

Am I doing something wrong?
If this version is not ready yet, I can continue with my 2.2.1 version which works, mostly.
By mostly, I mean that, despite setting English as the language, I get no stories or text about aliens after autopsies, etc. I read from forums that this normally happened if a language was not set?

I think you guys are great for making these games. I loved the original UFO games so this is a real treat!

Offline mrnooberson

• Cannon Fodder
    • View Profile
Re: Problem starting/opening game
« Reply #1 on: September 16, 2010, 10:31:11 am »
Im having the exact same problem

Offline McToki

• Cannon Fodder
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 26, 2010, 06:23:58 am »
I have the same problem.  v. 2.3.1 just bounces, then goes unresponsive.  One time I got a load screen but then that just went away and it froze.  Any ideas on this one?

Offline Nash1992

• Cannon Fodder
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 08, 2011, 06:14:07 am »
I have the same problem. As soon as I clicked on the UFO:AI icon. It seem to launch, then a window pops up "ERROR". It gave me the option to relaunch. The same problem occurred again! Darn!

Does anyone know if the previous versions for mac work? I don't mind downloading the older version. Obviously the 2.3.1. version for mac does not work at all!

Is the devs doing anything to fix this problem BTW?

Offline OldMan88

• Cannon Fodder
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 10, 2011, 12:02:13 pm »
2.3.0 works, except for the sound.

Offline Nash1992

• Cannon Fodder
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 10, 2011, 07:23:20 pm »
Downloading...installed 2.3.0 - OMG NO SOUND!!! Your right! Well...I guess it is better than nothing.

Darn, that means if I can't hear the sound, how am I supposed to give credit to the sound and music composers? That really sucks. The composers are not getting any credit for their hard effort they put in this game for mac people! =( Oh well. I'll just add my own sound track in the background then.

Oh yeah, where are the saved games stored? I want to put my game and saved games on a flash disk so I can play it in my residential hall computers.

Offline geever

• Project Coder
  • PHALANX Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 10, 2011, 07:50:43 pm »
Oh yeah, where are the saved games stored? I want to put my game and saved games on a flash disk so I can play it in my residential hall computers.

FAQ

-geever