project-navigation
Personal tools

Author Topic: Weapon comparison data  (Read 4150 times)

Offline ovvldc

• Rookie
    • View Profile
Weapon comparison data
« on: June 21, 2010, 04:00:16 pm »
First of all, let me add my voice to the chorus of congratulations on the release of 2.3 ;D

I also have a question: are the weapon comparison data found at http://ufoai.ninex.info/wiki/index.php/Weapon_tables up to date? Most of the tables date back to january 2008, and I dimly recall posts to the effect of rebalancing the weapons.

best wishes,
 Oscar

Offline BTAxis

• Administrator
  • PHALANX Commander
    • View Profile
Re: Weapon comparison data
« Reply #1 on: June 21, 2010, 04:09:01 pm »
No, that stuff is pretty obsolete.

Offline ovvldc

• Rookie
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 21, 2010, 07:54:51 pm »
I see. Then my next question is: Where can I find the up-to-date info?

Is the data shown inside the game accurate (i.e. derived from the actual statistics used instead of a static documentation file)?

Best wishes,
 Oscar

Offline Jarkill

• Rookie
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 22, 2010, 06:30:17 am »
As far as I know the weapon information inside the game is derived, yes. I could be wrong, mind you, but it seems to me like we're actually viewing mechanical data (ie spread 2.1 used instead of just saying "short range" or some crap). Characters are randomly generated so this is definitely derived (especially since one of the devs explained how it worked a while back or some such)

Damage however will always show the damage dealt by the selected fire mode, not by a single shot (this makes sense and is preferable, personally).

I'm not sure the up-to-date info is stored anywhere except in the game itself, really. Depends. I think one of the devs wrote something about how all the different statistics work; the most up to date WEAPON information is located in that game.

Although I'm not sure if that's outdated or implemented or what.