project-navigation
Personal tools

Author Topic: Human-designed medium armour? and beam particle ammo??  (Read 4781 times)

Offline SpikeOnUr6

• Cannon Fodder
    • View Profile
Human-designed medium armour? and beam particle ammo??
« on: May 06, 2010, 06:46:14 pm »
Hi all,
I've just discovered this wonderful game...and I decided to play the stable 2.2.1 version. I have a few questions...
1- After researching the alien medium armour, I can't find a reasearch proposal for a human-designed armour (better than the nanocomposite)...what do I need to do?
2- I researched the beam particle rifle but I cannot research its ammo. Is it related to disassembling it? I tried launching the disassembly, but it does not seem to work....
If anyone can help me... thank you!!

Offline Edi

• Squad Leader
    • View Profile
Re: Human-designed medium armour? and beam particle ammo??
« Reply #1 on: May 06, 2010, 07:40:20 pm »
Currently nanocomposite armor is the best armor you can research.

In any case, I suggest switching to the 2.3 developer version as soon as you can, right after they switch the trunk code past the next savegame breakage point (should happen this weekend or sometime next week). It has a ton of functionality that is missing from the (very old and out of date) version 2.2.1.

Online geever

• Project Coder
  • PHALANX Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 07, 2010, 12:15:18 pm »
2- I researched the beam particle rifle but I cannot research its ammo. Is it related to disassembling it? I tried launching the disassembly, but it does not seem to work....
If anyone can help me... thank you!!

You cannot produce ammo for particle-beam weapons. For man-portable ones you need to collect them from aliens. Aircraft PWB doesn't work in 2.2.x (no ammo) but works in 2.3!

-geever

Offline SpikeOnUr6

• Cannon Fodder
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 08, 2010, 11:22:42 am »
tnx guys, I'll upgrade asap!!

Offline weekendwarriora1c

• Rookie
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 19, 2010, 01:14:20 am »
Out of curiosity, does that collection have to be actively done, or do you automatically loot them upon mission completion?

Offline Edi

• Squad Leader
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 19, 2010, 06:49:07 am »
Out of curiosity, does that collection have to be actively done, or do you automatically loot them upon mission completion?
Automatic, same as everything else you collect.