project-navigation
Personal tools

Author Topic: Excellent game !!  (Read 3142 times)

Offline bicnarok

• Cannon Fodder
    • View Profile
Excellent game !!
« on: May 05, 2010, 10:48:02 am »
Hi, just joined.

I came across this game by accident, and being a fan of the old X com series had to try it out.
The game is excellent!! glad that you managed to make it so similair to the original.

Seeing as I´m new to this version I obviously have a couple of questions, on one mission I lost my whole team within about 8 minutes!!
are the missions random or is the jump in difficulty part of the game?

And now I can only hire 4 more soldiers, so there´s no point in continuing with that compaign as I won´t have a cats chance in hell on the ground with 4 inexperienced soldiers. How do I get the ability to hire more?

Also I noticed you have some requests concerning art and other things, Im an artist and if I want to help in some way where is the information concerning the picture format required and all that.?

Offline geever

• Project Coder
  • PHALANX Commander
    • View Profile
Re: Excellent game !!
« Reply #1 on: May 05, 2010, 07:26:32 pm »
are the missions random or is the jump in difficulty part of the game?

Missions are more or less random - at least in 2.3-dev.

And now I can only hire 4 more soldiers, so there´s no point in continuing with that compaign as I won´t have a cats chance in hell on the ground with 4 inexperienced soldiers. How do I get the ability to hire more?

With patience. :P You get new personel to hire in every month. Keep nations happy! ;)

-geever

Offline Duke

• Administrator
  • PHALANX veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 05, 2010, 10:57:38 pm »
Also I noticed you have some requests concerning art and other things, Im an artist and if I want to help in some way where is the information concerning the picture format required and all that.?
First off, Welcome :)

There are several articles about that in our wiki. Look for 'Contribute'.

Offline bicnarok

• Cannon Fodder
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 06, 2010, 05:30:21 pm »
Missions are more or less random - at least in 2.3-dev.

With patience. :P You get new personel to hire in every month. Keep nations happy! ;)

-geever

Well just finished a mission and at the end of it was imformed I´d failed the game, so looks like Ive gotta start again:(

A bit difficult imo, not enough money or time to buy ships, people and all that before alien ships are everywhere, or maybe Im just crap at it.

Is there no difficulty level choice?

Offline Edi

• Squad Leader
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 06, 2010, 05:38:13 pm »
Well just finished a mission and at the end of it was imformed I´d failed the game, so looks like Ive gotta start again:(

A bit difficult imo, not enough money or time to buy ships, people and all that before alien ships are everywhere, or maybe Im just crap at it.

Is there no difficulty level choice?

You can pick any choice from easy to very hard when you start the campaign. The default difficulty is normal. Money is a problem until you can sell enough UFOS and equipment to keep you in money, and you need to plan carefully.

Offline OlegPuchinin

• Cannon Fodder
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 15, 2010, 10:38:44 am »
COOL GAME !!!
THANKS !!!