project-navigation
Personal tools

Author Topic: Transport and Interceptor Plane Problems(2.0RC4)  (Read 2747 times)

Kerner

Transport and Interceptor Plane Problems(2.0RC4)
« on: September 01, 2006, 02:15:35 pm »
If I assign a soldier to the interceptor plane,the whole equipment of the 8 soldiers from the normal Transport appears there.
If I start the Interceptor,and a missions comes up during the flight,i can see that the Transport Plane is flying,and the interceptor is still in the Homebase.
Finally,with this setup,ordering the transport plane to a missions causes the mission to start with the one soldier from the interceptor.All other soldiers are gone.
Version 2.0-RC4
SuSE Linux 10.1

SlipperyJim

« Reply #1 on: September 02, 2006, 10:50:55 pm »
It seems to be a problem with the windows version also.

I placed my ninth soldier in the interceptor and this seems to cause no end of trouble.   When I sent my dropship on a mission the game actually sent the intercepter and that lone soldier down to the surface!

I tried fixing this by going back to an old save version that I had made just before the dropship arrived.  I forced the interceptor to land and removed that troublesome 9th soldier.   I then forced the dropship to return to the base in the hopes that the game would stop being confused.

I then re-launched the dropship and it seemed to have worked.  This time the proper team landed at the UFO site.

The only problem now is that any save I make from this point on is useless.  If I try to load these saves the game immediately crashes.  The saved games have become corrupted.

killerdeath

« Reply #2 on: September 02, 2006, 11:53:00 pm »
it happened to me too but if you go to base and aircraft and select dropship before mission lit doent happen yet if you select interceptor at base before the mission it happens the intercepter

ubequitz

Re: Transport and Interceptor Plane Problems(2.0RC4)
« Reply #3 on: September 03, 2006, 12:58:12 am »
Thanks for this reporting this. The mixup of crew between the interceptor and the dropship issue is now fixed in SVN (it was corrected in revision 3231 - it was also reported on the sourceforge bugtracker:
http://sourceforge.net/tracker/index.php?func=detail&aid=1550770&group_id=157793&atid=805242
Quote from: "Kerner"
If I assign a soldier to the interceptor plane,the whole equipment of the 8 soldiers from the normal Transport appears there.
I've seen this too. I think this is still happening in the SVN version... will keep you posted when this is looked into!

SlipperyJim

« Reply #4 on: September 03, 2006, 01:43:33 am »
Thanks ubequitz :)

Like I said please note that this problem screws up the save game files also.  After this bugs shows it's ugly head if you save and then try to play that save game it will crash the game.