project-navigation
Personal tools

Author Topic: Why are the civilian police and soldiers not armed?  (Read 2803 times)

Offline DiDiT

• Squad Leader
  • Your local Flame-thrower wielding Furry.
    • View Profile
Why are the civilian police and soldiers not armed?
« on: March 06, 2010, 11:17:08 am »
Something that bugs me when I play is that when I have terror missions like army convoys and bases, the Civilians like the police or soldiers are unarmed when they clearly would have access to weapons?

For example, police officers, they should be at-least armed with pistols, right? and soldiers, they should have machine pistols or assault rifles, they ARE the army after all, and what's a army with out its arms?  

So, Why don't the personal who were guarding the place before the attack at-least try to defend them selves, instead of running around, getting killed, and sometimes hiding in my drop-ship? I mean, sure, its great and all to have a few cowardly people that come running to hide behind you the second you turn up and that adds to the horror but I think some of the 'innocent' bystanders wouldn't just aimlessly walk around, waiting to get killed.  ;)

just an idea.

anyway, peace out, dawgs!

« Last Edit: March 06, 2010, 11:31:02 am by didit »

Offline Mattn

• Administrator
  • PHALANX Commander
  • https://github.com/mgerhardy/vengi
    • View Profile
    • Vengi Voxel Tools
Re: Why are the civilian police and soldiers not armed?
« Reply #1 on: March 06, 2010, 02:28:18 pm »
the answer is: because nobody implemented this yet - patches are welcome.

Offline DiDiT

• Squad Leader
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 06, 2010, 04:03:19 pm »
Hmm... how would one go about making such a patch? just crack open the civvies files and give them guns? or would it require new AI for targeting the aliens and not your men?

Offline Sarin

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 06, 2010, 04:48:46 pm »
Probably a lot more than that. New AI, specify armed and unarmed civvies and what guns will they use...well, I dunno actually how it goes, but probably instead of modding civilians you'd have to create a new side for tactical, cause you will need them to have full range of stats and I don't know if civilians have that.

Offline DiDiT

• Squad Leader
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 06, 2010, 06:08:27 pm »
seems beyond my modding ability. well, at-least i put the idea out there, in case if anyone wants to add it.