project-navigation
Personal tools

Author Topic: No radar and no developmetn version??  (Read 2635 times)

Offline Urrowinger

• Cannon Fodder
    • View Profile
No radar and no developmetn version??
« on: February 09, 2010, 01:51:54 pm »
Hi guys,

first of all:

i love this game. havent played it for some years, but now i wanted to try it again and see what you have improved.

1) Now, when i start a new game, there is NO RADAR COVERAGE visible when i want to build a base. I remember that this was always the case, also when i clicked on the base i could see the coverage.

2) The link to the development version doesnt work!

Now i doesnt event want to start a game when already the radar is not working. Any hints? the development version-link

svn co https://ufoai.svn.sourceforge.net/svnroot/ufoai/ufoai/trunk ufoai

doesnt work!

I have windows 7 and play in window mode, fullscreen doesnt work, too. Language is german, though it switches to english after a restart some times..

Is UFO not compatible with win 7?

cheers, Urrowinger
« Last Edit: February 09, 2010, 02:05:07 pm by Urrowinger »

Offline geever

• Project Coder
  • PHALANX Commander
    • View Profile
Re: No radar and no developmetn version??
« Reply #1 on: February 09, 2010, 03:59:49 pm »
1) Now, when i start a new game, there is NO RADAR COVERAGE visible when i want to build a base. I remember that this was always the case, also when i clicked on the base i could see the coverage.

It is visible! But radar coverage only shows radars that are already working. It always worked like that.

2) The link to the development version doesnt work!

Now i doesnt event want to start a game when already the radar is not working. Any hints? the development version-link

svn co https://ufoai.svn.sourceforge.net/svnroot/ufoai/ufoai/trunk ufoai

doesnt work!

It does. I've copy&pasted your checkout command to my console and it started downloading the source.

I have windows 7 and play in window mode, fullscreen doesnt work, too. Language is german, though it switches to english after a restart some times..

Is UFO not compatible with win 7?

Configuration is saved on exit. So if you change the language then the game exits unexpectedly (bug/crash), the old setting will be remembered.
About the fullscreen issue, tell us more.

-geever

Offline Urrowinger

• Cannon Fodder
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 09, 2010, 04:51:49 pm »
Hi Geever,

it didnt work in the stable version 2.2.1.

Now i downloaded the development version 27596 using a link from the thread "develompent version..."

Version 28412 did not work for me as well, i got an error "intl.dll is missing".

Atm i am trying this version 27596 and radar coverage is shown when the button designed for it is used ;).

Unfortunately, first ufo i shot down, first bug: the loading screen appears and it freezes ;(.

Try to shoot down the ufo a little bit later now, hope it will work then..

Thanks for the answers so far, will report if i encounter other bugs again.

Offline geever

• Project Coder
  • PHALANX Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 09, 2010, 06:21:06 pm »
it didnt work in the stable version 2.2.1.

In 2.2.1 there was no radar overlay button AFAIK. But on building a second base the first base's radar range is shown. I don't how it worked before 2.2.x, but as 2.2.1 is about two years old I think I haven't missed anything.

Now i downloaded the development version 27596 using a link from the thread "develompent version..."
Version 28412 did not work for me as well, i got an error "intl.dll is missing".

That's a packaging mistake. The missing dll can be recovered from this SFX archive.

Unfortunately, first ufo i shot down, first bug: the loading screen appears and it freezes ;(.

If that's a bug it should get fixed but we need info about it.

-geever

Offline Urrowinger

• Cannon Fodder
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 09, 2010, 06:28:09 pm »
I think the crahs at the ufo-landing-screen is connected to the "full-screen" mode. If i run it in window mode, i dont get the crash. Sadly, there is no error message. I just get the message "doesnt react anymore..."

So far, i finished 1 mission now and didnt encounter any more bugs. Still i couldnt figure out how the infrared-glasses work..And it doesnt make sense that they appeared in the belt-equipment-slot of my soldier, instead of the helmet slot.