project-navigation
Personal tools

Author Topic: WIP Female new soldier model  (Read 2564 times)

Offline Destructavator

• Combination Multiple Specialty Developer
  • Administrator
  • PHALANX Commander
  • Creater of Scorchcrafter, knows the zarakites...
    • View Profile
WIP Female new soldier model
« on: November 22, 2009, 06:47:25 am »
Rather than going through the pain of starting the entire female soldier model from scratch, I found I was able to deform the male version to fit over the shape of an imported female MakeHuman model, with what I think are decent results.

Yes, I know parts of the texture are off a bit now, but I think I've just about got the shape of the body.

Hopefully Migel will have time to help out re-building the texture when he gets back from his trip sometime soon.

The white thing is the imported guide from MakeHuman, and the old male head is still in there - that will be replaced of course - and the skeleton hasn't been re-fitted for the female shape yet, but I think the hard part for the body shape is done.

Offline Destructavator

• Administrator
  • PHALANX Commander
    • View Profile
Re: WIP Female new soldier model
« Reply #1 on: November 22, 2009, 07:36:00 pm »
...Cleaned up the shape a bit more, although I still think it should be re-textured for the female version.

I haven't heard from Migel in some time, he's been gone from this forum longer than I thought he would be, based on the last message I got from him - has anyone seen or heard from him?

Offline Viento

• Rookie
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 22, 2009, 08:55:19 pm »
Looks great! ;)  I like the new models, both male and female.

Andy

Offline Destructavator

• Administrator
  • PHALANX Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 22, 2009, 09:51:03 pm »
Thanks - although the MakeHuman developers also deserve credit here, as without their software it would have been much harder to make these models.

I'll put this in the SVN data_source shortly, so others can work on making armored versions of various types, or even improve/tweak this model a bit.

Edit:  Done, its in the SVN, and I've also included models for both versions in Blitz 3D format along with the other exports.
« Last Edit: November 22, 2009, 10:07:23 pm by Destructavator »